Forum > General

[fixed] ParentBackground of GroupBoxes cannot be set to true

(1/2) > >>

Muso:
I am using latest Lazarus trunk on Windows (via fcupdeluxe).

While testing the new Laz features, I found that the new GrupBox property "ParentBackground" cannot be set to TRUE, see the screencast attached.

Also when you create a new GroupBox, "ParentBackground" is by default set to FALSE, despite the Laz 2.2 release notes states the default is TRUE.

lucamar:
Can it be a widgetset restriction? I've noticed that when it's so the property becomes unchangeable in the OI.

Muso:

--- Quote from: lucamar on April 17, 2021, 02:23:13 pm ---Can it be a widgetset restriction?

--- End quote ---

I don't think so since all other properties can be changed without problems.

wp:
I checked it my self, and it is working correctly at both design and run time (Win 10/64bit, Laz-trunk/FPC 3.2.0/32bit).

If this demo does not work for you do a clean rebuild of your IDE ("Tools" > "Configure Build Lazarus" > Check "Clean all" and "Switch after building to automatically" > "OK").

Muso:

--- Quote from: wp on April 17, 2021, 03:42:02 pm ---If this demo does not work for you do a clean rebuild of your IDE ("Tools" > "Configure Build Lazarus" > Check "Clean all" and "Switch after building to automatically" > "OK").

--- End quote ---

The demo works for me.
I also rebuilt the IDE as you suggested but the problem persists. To reproduce:

- take a project you created with Laz 2.0.x
- open it with todays' laz 2.2dev
- either check existing group boxes or create a new one

Attached is a simple program where you can reproduce the behavior.

So there must be something in the *.lfm file that causes the bug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version