Recent

Author Topic: porting an Indy app from delphi to freepascal  (Read 4352 times)

tonyhur

porting an Indy app from delphi to freepascal
« on: April 17, 2021, 10:11:49 am »
I'm looking for a person who would help me to port an existing library in Delphi (a dll under Windows using the Indy units) to Freepascal under Linux. I am a Delphi expert.

I would also pay for helping me.

Contact me at:  indy@virtual-optima.com

Tony

balazsszekely

Re: porting an Indy app from delphi to freepascal
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 10:38:44 am »
Hi tonyhur,

I am a Delphi expert.
Then you're almost a Freepascal/Lazarus expert too.  :)

I'm looking for a person who would help me to port an existing library in Delphi (a dll under Windows using the Indy units) to Freepascal under Linux.
Does your library use some windows specific stuff? Indy is cross platform, so in theory you shouldn't face any issues.

Please follow the below steps
1. Install indy from https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy or OPM(Lazarus menu->Package->Online Pacakge Manger).
2. Convert your project from delphi to lazarus(Lazarus menu->Tools->Delphi conversion)
3. Compile build your project

tonyhur

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 09:01:00 pm »
Hi GetMem,

Thanks a lot. I never touched Lazarus (shame on me) and I did not know that's that easy to install Indy. I'll try this.

Tony

tonyhur

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 12:56:15 am »
Hi GetMem,

Again me! My Indy application (100% Delphi code!), it compiles  in Lazarus (now I have to test;-) !
I was and I am still a great fan of Delphi since its beginning! Over the year I "side glanced" various times to the FreePascal and Lazarus, but now I am really, really impressed of Lazarus.

Congratulations to the Lazarus und FreePascal team and all contributors and users.

Tony

balazsszekely

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 08:58:10 am »
Again me! My Indy application (100% Delphi code!), it compiles  in Lazarus (now I have to test;-) !
OK. I'm glad it's working.  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018