Forum > Jobs

porting an Indy app from delphi to freepascal

(1/1)

tonyhur:
I'm looking for a person who would help me to port an existing library in Delphi (a dll under Windows using the Indy units) to Freepascal under Linux. I am a Delphi expert.

I would also pay for helping me.

Contact me at:  indy@virtual-optima.com

Tony

balazsszekely:
Hi tonyhur,

--- Quote ---I am a Delphi expert.
--- End quote ---
Then you're almost a Freepascal/Lazarus expert too.  :)

--- Quote ---I'm looking for a person who would help me to port an existing library in Delphi (a dll under Windows using the Indy units) to Freepascal under Linux.
--- End quote ---
Does your library use some windows specific stuff? Indy is cross platform, so in theory you shouldn't face any issues.

Please follow the below steps
1. Install indy from https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy or OPM(Lazarus menu->Package->Online Pacakge Manger).
2. Convert your project from delphi to lazarus(Lazarus menu->Tools->Delphi conversion)
3. Compile build your project

tonyhur:
Hi GetMem,

Thanks a lot. I never touched Lazarus (shame on me) and I did not know that's that easy to install Indy. I'll try this.

Tony

tonyhur:
Hi GetMem,

Again me! My Indy application (100% Delphi code!), it compiles  in Lazarus (now I have to test;-) !
I was and I am still a great fan of Delphi since its beginning! Over the year I "side glanced" various times to the FreePascal and Lazarus, but now I am really, really impressed of Lazarus.

Congratulations to the Lazarus und FreePascal team and all contributors and users.

Tony

balazsszekely:

--- Quote ---Again me! My Indy application (100% Delphi code!), it compiles  in Lazarus (now I have to test;-) !
--- End quote ---
OK. I'm glad it's working.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version