Recent

Author Topic: Database Desktop on Mac not compiling  (Read 2518 times)

eenplus

Database Desktop on Mac not compiling
« on: April 11, 2021, 01:23:36 pm »
Hallo, I'm new to Lazarus. When compiling the Database Desktop on Mac I always get confronted
with the error 'frmmain.pp(333,3) Fatal: Cannot find fpddmssql used by frmmain of the Project Inspector.'. Sounds logic,
as MSSql is not supported under Mac. But is there a work around for this ?

Tia.

/Dirk
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 04:33:52 pm by eenplus »

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

• Professional amateur ;-P
Re: Database Desktop on Mac not compiling
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 01:30:27 pm »
Hey Dirk,

Hallo, I'm new to Lazarus. When compiling the Database Desktop on Mac I always get confronted
with the error 'frmmain.pp(333,3) Fatal: Cannot find fpddmssql used by frmmain of the Project Inspector.'. Sounds logic,
as MSSql is not supported under Mac. But is there a work around for this ?

Sounds logic, but I'm afraid has nothing to do with macOS's support or not of MSSQL.

What that indicates is that the compiler doesn't know where to find the source code file that contains the unit fpddmssql.
Either the file is missing, or if it exists it's not in any of the folders provided to the compiler to search for code.

If you point us to where is this Database Desktop source code exists, maybe we can provide more help?

Cheers,
Gus
Lazarus 3.99(main) FPC 3.3.1(main) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
Lazarus 3.0.0(stable) FPC 3.2.2(stable) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
http://github.com/gcarreno

wp

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 01:43:43 pm »
I can confirm the issue on a VM with macOS. The error appears in unit reglddfeatures of the LazDataDesktop project (it is in the tools folder of the Lazarus installation, Gus). The guilty unit is surrounded by an {$IFDEF HAVEMYSQL5657CONN} directive. So, go to the head of this unit, find the {$DEFINE HAVEMYSQL5657CONN} and undefine it by putting a space or a dot between the { and the $. There's another define, {$DEFINE HAVEMSSQLCONN} which must be handled in the same way. After these modifications, the LazDataDesktop compiles correctly.

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 02:03:09 pm »
Hey WP,

snip (it is in the tools folder of the Lazarus installation, Gus) snip

Thanks a lot WP, I'll have a look at it.

Cheers,
Gus

eenplus

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 04:33:04 pm »
To Gus and WP. Thank you very much. Your suggesties did it.

Regards,

/Dirk

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 04:44:28 pm »
Hey Dirk,

To Gus and WP. Thank you very much. Your suggesties did it.

Can't really accept your thanks, I did absolutely nothing. :)
It was WP that did all the leg work, so I relinquish my share of the thanks to him :P

Cheers,
Gus

eenplus

Hmmm .. my hapiness was interupted by : 'Can not load default Firebird clients ("libfbclient.dylib" or "libgds.dylib" or "libfbembed.dylib"). Check your installation.'

I'm running Firebird 3.x Is there a way to add the path to the Lazarus DBDesktop ?

Regards,

/Dirk

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

Hey Dirk,

Hmmm .. my hapiness was interupted by : 'Can not load default Firebird clients ("libfbclient.dylib" or "libgds.dylib" or "libfbembed.dylib"). Check your installation.'

I'm by no means a macOS expert, WAY far from that, but I've been reading here, on the forum, about Big Sur having a new way to access dynamic libraries and this could be related to that.

I'll let the more macOS inclined folk, give you a better explanation and a possible solution.

Cheers,
Gus

wp

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 05:58:12 pm »
I am not a macOS expert either, but if you don't need Firebird in your evaluation you can load that "reglddfeatures" unit again, scroll to the top of the interface uses section and comment the unit "fpddfb  // Firebird". Then go to the implementation of procedure "RegisterEngines" and comment the line "RegisterFBDDEngine". Recompile the application and it should no longer try to access the firebird libs.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 06:44:21 pm by wp »

eenplus

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 08:03:30 pm »
I am not a macOS expert either, but if you don't need Firebird in your evaluation you can load that "reglddfeatures" unit again, scroll to the top of the interface uses section and comment the unit "fpddfb  // Firebird". Then go to the implementation of procedure "RegisterEngines" and comment the line "RegisterFBDDEngine". Recompile the application and it should no longer try to access the firebird libs.

Thanks for pointing this out, but in my case it's Firebird I need and I'm using. I'll try to find out how to point the Firebird connection to the forementioned driver.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 02:53:16 am »
See this thread.

It's always a good idea to first search the forum before posting as many issues have already come up and usually been solved.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018