Forum > Editor

Database Desktop on Mac not compiling

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno:
Hey Dirk,

--- Quote from: eenplus on April 11, 2021, 04:33:04 pm ---To Gus and WP. Thank you very much. Your suggesties did it.

--- End quote ---

Can't really accept your thanks, I did absolutely nothing. :)
It was WP that did all the leg work, so I relinquish my share of the thanks to him :P

Cheers,
Gus

eenplus:
Hmmm .. my hapiness was interupted by : 'Can not load default Firebird clients ("libfbclient.dylib" or "libgds.dylib" or "libfbembed.dylib"). Check your installation.'

I'm running Firebird 3.x Is there a way to add the path to the Lazarus DBDesktop ?

Regards,

/Dirk

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno:
Hey Dirk,

--- Quote from: eenplus on April 11, 2021, 05:12:24 pm ---Hmmm .. my hapiness was interupted by : 'Can not load default Firebird clients ("libfbclient.dylib" or "libgds.dylib" or "libfbembed.dylib"). Check your installation.'

--- End quote ---

I'm by no means a macOS expert, WAY far from that, but I've been reading here, on the forum, about Big Sur having a new way to access dynamic libraries and this could be related to that.

I'll let the more macOS inclined folk, give you a better explanation and a possible solution.

Cheers,
Gus

wp:
I am not a macOS expert either, but if you don't need Firebird in your evaluation you can load that "reglddfeatures" unit again, scroll to the top of the interface uses section and comment the unit "fpddfb  // Firebird". Then go to the implementation of procedure "RegisterEngines" and comment the line "RegisterFBDDEngine". Recompile the application and it should no longer try to access the firebird libs.

eenplus:

--- Quote from: wp on April 11, 2021, 05:58:12 pm ---I am not a macOS expert either, but if you don't need Firebird in your evaluation you can load that "reglddfeatures" unit again, scroll to the top of the interface uses section and comment the unit "fpddfb  // Firebird". Then go to the implementation of procedure "RegisterEngines" and comment the line "RegisterFBDDEngine". Recompile the application and it should no longer try to access the firebird libs.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for pointing this out, but in my case it's Firebird I need and I'm using. I'll try to find out how to point the Firebird connection to the forementioned driver.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version