Forum > QT

Qt5 new Accessible features.

(1/2) > >>

dbannon:
Putting aside for the moment the issues in https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,54010.0.html I find that I cannot get recent Accessible additions to Qt5 in trunk to work anyway.

There has been no relevant additions to https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LCL_Accessibility since 2013 and I can find no other 'Accessible' documentation anywhere so it's quite likely I am not using it correctly. But what I have done is -

* Activated Orca.
* Opened several other applications, LibraOffice etc and listened to Orca's  screen reader respond to menu clicks, cursor movements etc.
* Installed libqt5pas 1.2.9
* Made a lazarus trunk qt5 app that has menus, buttons, a memo with some text.
* Moving around in that app invokes no response from Orca at all.

Is there something that needs to be done, perhaps at a project level, to enables the Accessible features ?   

Davo

zeljko:
I really don't know. I can see that LCLQt5 accessibility have memory leaks (use app with heaptrc) for some reason,
also I have some strange crashes in my app that comes from accessibility.

dbannon:
Hmm, I have not see either memory leak or crash in my small test project.  So I tried it on my real app, tomboy-ng and yep, segfaults.  But not predictable, seems to happen in different places.

I now have the April 4th changes wrapped up in some $ifdefs so its easy to prove the problems are not there when I "turn Accessibility off". (want the patch ?).

I am pretty sure the problems start once the loop starts, everything is created OK. I think I will go back to my small test project and add some stuff to it and see how much I must add before something breaks, will be easier to debug that tomboy-ng which has got quite large.

When time permits ...

Davo

dbannon:
OK, in my app it seems to fail with a call to TWinControl.CreateWnd when dealing with a TUpDown control.

So, I put an UpDown control on my small test project and now it seg faults too.  So, thats certainly one problem !

Afraid thats as far as I will be able to get at the moment....

Davo

zeljko:
In that case I'll add define QTUSEACCESSIBILITY in qtdefines.inc and disable it by default (so qt56.pas and other .pas units won't use it by default).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version