Forum > QT

[SOLVED] QT5 with latest Lazarus has undefined references

<< < (7/9) > >>

dbannon:
For the record, zeljko has added a define in qtdefines.inc that, by default, disables this set of features.

It would be great if we could make this feature usable long term.

Davo

MarkMLl:
Trunk revision 64989 builds OK for Qt5 on the same test system that I was using earlier.

MarkMLl

ChrisR:
Thanks dbannon and zeljko for solving this. Thanks to your help, QT5 is my default Lazarus Linux widgetset.

prof7bit:
Today I'm getting an undefined reference again:

"lazarus undefined reference to `QGuiApplication_setFallbackSessionManagementEnabled'"

And this time it happens in the 2.2 fixes branch. I could previously build Lazarus release 2.2 and the subsequent 2.2-fixes without any problems until maybe a week or two ago (last time I tried and have not yet bisected the exact revision). In fact this is the first time ever since using Lazarus (since the early 0.9 days) that the distro supplied stable version of libqtpas is not bleeding edge enough to build stable lazarus, and not even with trunk I have ever experienced this.

May I suggest that we finally move libqt5pas into the Lazarus source tree (where the other qt5 widgetset code is living), maintain it ourselves and build it along with Lazarus?

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: prof7bit on March 02, 2022, 09:01:36 am ---May I suggest that we finally move libqt5pas into the Lazarus source tree (where the other qt5 widgetset code is living), maintain it ourselves and build it along with Lazarus?

--- End quote ---

No, because this requires the presence of the Qt build system (GCC, cmake, etc.) as a dependency. Also when installing a Qt-based FPC application that library needs to be installable independent of Lazarus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version