Forum > Other OS

WriteLn and DOSBox

<< < (2/5) > >>

Re-searcher:
@ Ñuño_Martínez ,

You should not use Dosbox but the command prompt from windowsXP
Now install the program Go32V2 in de command prompt.

Erik

Handoko:
I remember the issue write does not work correctly on DosBox was asked one or two years ago.

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on April 05, 2021, 07:45:33 pm ---Lucamar's example is downright weird: every 4th column lost except for the vertical lines.

--- End quote ---

...The difference obviously being that the vertical lines aren't in the Unicode BMP.

MarkMLl

lucamar:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on May 21, 2021, 08:36:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: MarkMLl on April 05, 2021, 07:45:33 pm ---Lucamar's example is downright weird: every 4th column lost except for the vertical lines.
--- End quote ---
...The difference obviously being that the vertical lines aren't in the Unicode BMP.
--- End quote ---

I don't understand what you're trying to say; the problem is everywhere; just look at the menus: intead of:
| New from template...|
it shows:
  Ne  f om t mpl te . .|

Note also that there is no problem with the right-side vertical lines. In fact, of no single character can be said that it never appears except those on the far left, and that's probably because their position not their values.

Last, WTH has the unicode BMP to do with this? Like any other DOS emulator (or even DOS itself), DOSBox doesn't use Unicode but IBM code pages and FP has been working correctly* inside it up to now. Which means something has changed in the IDE itself, introducing some bug.

* Well, more or less, depending on the code page since some don't contain all the "box" characters.

MarkMLl:
The point I'm trying to make is that characters outside the BMP appear to be going through OK, so it could be something very weird related to character handling on that platform. As I've said, I think I've seen something similar with DOSEmu in the past... which probably wouldn't have been FPC, which suggests a platform problem (e.g. a commonly-used library to convert between DOS-like screen handling and Curses or whatever).

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version