Forum > Other OS

WriteLn and DOSBox

(1/5) > >>

Ñuño_Martínez:
Not sure if it is a problem of Free Pascal or DOSBox, but WriteLn isn't working correctly in that emulator.  It does in Windows XP.

See next simple program:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---program test;begin  WriteLn ('This is a test program.  Should write text in the console.');  WriteLn ('This is a test program.', '  Should write text in the console.')end. Compiling for DOS 32bit Go32V2 and executing in DOSBox it looks like the attached file.  See that first WriteLn renders incorrectly, while second renders correctly.

Also see that heaptrc output has issues too.

Maybe that's why FPC doesn't work in DOSBox (internal error 2004121202)?

lucamar:
I can confirm that there is somethign fishy going on; see attached image (FPC 3.0.4 in DOSBox 0.74 under Linux x86_64)

Jonas Maebe:
You may want to try DOSBox-X, which aims for compatibility with regular programs as well rather than just with games. I recently read something about issues with FPC's LFN support and DOSBos-X, but afaik other than that it works.

MarkMLl:
I swear I've seen something like that before, but I've never used DOSBox, only DosEmu,

Lucamar's example is downright weird: every 4th column lost except for the vertical lines.

MarkMLl

Ñuño_Martínez:

--- Quote from: Jonas Maebe on April 05, 2021, 07:27:28 pm ---You may want to try DOSBox-X, which aims for compatibility with regular programs as well rather than just with games. I recently read something about issues with FPC's LFN support and DOSBos-X, but afaik other than that it works.
--- End quote ---
I didn't know about this project.  I should take a look. Thanks.

--- Quote from: lucamar on April 05, 2021, 06:16:27 pm ---I can confirm that there is somethign fishy going on; see attached image (FPC 3.0.4 in DOSBox 0.74 under Linux x86_64)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on April 05, 2021, 07:45:33 pm ---Lucamar's example is downright weird: every 4th column lost except for the vertical lines.

--- End quote ---
That's just what happens with the installer.

And the same problem with FreeDOS. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version