Forum > Lazarus

Testers for GDB Based debugger / Windows / Lazarus SVN

<< < (5/5)

Martin_fr:
I uploaded a 64bit and a 32bit build to our Sourceforge "Alternative GDB" section (in each respective Windows folder).
* GDB 9.2 unicode for Win 64
* GDB 9.2 unicode for Win 32

Those versions have a modification to their version line. This allows the IDE (minimum version 2.1 r65142) to detect this build, and send the environment and cmd-line-args as utf8.

Please test.

A very big thanks to Red_prig.

Red_prig:
I left the build scripts in the "cross_x32" and "cross_x64" files (and for "expat" in "expat/cross_x32" "expat/cross_x64"), perhaps there were differences in the path to the folders with another build script.  8-)
However, I'm still not sure that I managed to fix all the calls. In particular, I could not full adapt the part of the keyboard input directly to the console window.  :-\

Red_prig:
Also note that I added the postfix "-not_cygwin"

--- Quote ---This GDB was configured as "x86_64-w64-mingw32-not_cygwin".
--- End quote ---

so that lazarus correctly understand the encoding, if not necessary, it can be removed and detected only by the line "GNU gdb unicode".

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: Red_prig on May 28, 2021, 08:26:35 am ---Also note that I added the postfix "-not_cygwin"

--- Quote ---This GDB was configured as "x86_64-w64-mingw32-not_cygwin".
--- End quote ---

so that lazarus correctly understand the encoding, if not necessary, it can be removed and detected only by the line "GNU gdb unicode".

--- End quote ---
Ah, I did not spot that. But yes that may better be removed.

Lazarus looks for cygwin in the configured part. It probably does no harm, but it can cause extra work.
Cygwin mangles returned path names, and Lazarus activates code to demangle them.
Lazarus just tests if it sees cygwin, it does not check for the "not" part.

We could use the "unicode" there, but really its not a config issue.

Martin_fr:
I found your config line

--- Code: ---./../configure --enable-static=yes --disable-gprof --disable-binutils --disable-gas --disable-gold --disable-texinfo --disable-gdbserver --target=i686-w64-mingw32 --host=i686-w64-mingw32
+
--- End code ---
That is why you got no errors. I only disable gprof

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version