Forum > Lazarus

Testers for GDB Based debugger / Windows / Lazarus SVN

<< < (3/5) > >>

Red_prig:
I set exe name on non ASCI:  "Проект.exe". cygwin version gdb is crash for:

--- Quote ---G:/Github/testgdb/317360356345352362.exe: No such file or directory.
--- End quote ---
Also tests showed that the cygwin version does not transmit parameters from lazarus. (system.ParamStr (1) is always empty) I'm not a cygwin version, oddly enough, it correctly passes parameters but corrupt the encoding of the environment. (Lazarus is stable 2.0.12)

Red_prig:
Also an interesting question is whether gdb changes the parameters of the environment? Maybe you should pass the lpEnvironment = NULL parameter to CreateProcessA/CreateProcessW, passing them unchanged?

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: Red_prig on April 17, 2021, 06:57:36 pm ---I set exe name on non ASCI:  "Проект.exe". cygwin version gdb is crash for:

--- Quote ---G:/Github/testgdb/317360356345352362.exe: No such file or directory.
--- End quote ---
Also tests showed that the cygwin version does not transmit parameters from lazarus. (system.ParamStr (1) is always empty) I'm not a cygwin version, oddly enough, it correctly passes parameters but corrupt the encoding of the environment. (Lazarus is stable 2.0.12)

--- End quote ---
You need Lazarus trunk to support this.

If you find a case, that works in the old, but not the new gdb, then please attach logs for both runs.
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: Red_prig on April 17, 2021, 07:22:58 pm ---Also an interesting question is whether gdb changes the parameters of the environment? Maybe you should pass the lpEnvironment = NULL parameter to CreateProcessA/CreateProcessW, passing them unchanged?

--- End quote ---
Yes it does. Look at the sources I pointed out.

Except the 7.3.5 build that we have. That leaves the environment unchanged. Not sure why.

Red_prig:
Analysis of the source code showed just a huge number of places where a transform oem to Unicode is needed.  >:(
It is probably even easier to use cygwin, or to emulate the cygwin itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version