Recent

Author Topic: Packages  (Read 873 times)

JSN

Packages
« on: March 17, 2021, 10:31:23 am »
I have several applications that use UniqueInstance, lzRichEdit, and ColorPalette Packages.

In the past, I would open Lazarus, install these packages, and life was good. The icons for these components were installed on the Component Palette as expected. And I could open my applications in the IDE, and never receive a message that these packages were missing.

Then Windows 10 needed to be reset (I reinstalled Windows 10 through the Recovery process).

Now I install these Packages, and every time I open Lazarus, the packages are missing. I reinstall the packages, Lazarus recompiles and reloads, and these components are present on the component palette.

Then when I reopen Lazarus with the application I am updating, the packages are missing.

I am using an older version of Lazarus, 1.6.4. Lazarus is installed on the C-Drive. My applications are installed on the D-Drive. It has always been this way. This has never been an issue until now.

What am I doing wrong? I have never encountered this behavior before.

wp

Re: Packages
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 11:11:53 am »
Often, when the IDE behaves strangely, the virus scanner on the system is playing fools with you. When you reinstalled Windows did you put the Lazarus and your project folders on the white-list of the virus scanner?

Reset your Lazarus settings: I assume that you did not do a secondary installation. You find your Lazarus cfg in the folder c:\users\<your name>\appdata\local\Lazarus. Rename this folder (just to be able to restore your settings if something goes very wrong). Run Lazarus - this recreates this folder with default settings (i.e. all your user settings and installed components are gone!). Reinstall your components.

If this does not help reinstall your Lazarus version.

Lazarus is installed on the C-Drive.
Is it installed into "c:\program files"? This is bad because normal you don't have write permissions there. Install is on "c:\Lazarus" or similar, but avoid spaces in the directory name.

JSN

Re: Packages
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 10:21:38 pm »
Lazarus is installed at C:\Lazarus.

I didn't add Lazarus to my Security App, I will do that.

Thank you for the reply. I am at the age where Dark Mode is necessary, and I like the look and feel of Dark Mode Apps. So I should update the Version of Lazarus I use.

Thanks again. Stay safe.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018