Forum > Embedded - ARM

mir toolset not working

(1/4) > >>

petex:
hello,
did a bog standard install of toolset from fcupdeluxe. Get error compiling project1.

--- Quote ---Compile Project, OS: embedded, CPU: arm, Target: C:\fpcupdeluxe-mir\projects\project1.elf: Exit code 1, Errors: 1, Hints: 2
Hint: Start of reading config file C:\fpcupdeluxe-mir\fpc\bin\x86_64-win64\fpc.cfg
Hint: End of reading config file C:\fpcupdeluxe-mir\fpc\bin\x86_64-win64\fpc.cfg
Verbose: Free Pascal Compiler version 3.3.1-r48734 [2021/03/11] for arm
Verbose: Copyright (c) 1993-2021 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Verbose: Target OS: Embedded
Verbose: Compiling C:\fpcupdeluxe-mir\projects\project1.lpr
Verbose: PPU Loading C:\fpcupdeluxe-mir\fpc\units\arm-embedded\system.ppu
Verbose: PPU is compiled for another processor
Fatal: Can't find unit system used by Project1
Verbose: Compilation aborted
Verbose: C:\fpcupdeluxe-mir\fpc\bin\x86_64-win64\ppcrossarm.exe returned an error exitcode

--- End quote ---

install options shown in attached

MiR:
Just for me to understand:

You tried to compile the empty default project that opens up when you have built & installed a fresh copy of fpcupdeluxe?

Or did you open one of your projects and that one failed?

please provide a copy of the lpi file you used...

petex:
i installed a fresh instance of lazarus,fpc and embedded compiler. I then tried to build a working project using the existing compiler i have been using for embedded and I got the error.
I then created a new project, changed the target to embedded with no compiler switches and i got the same error.

Am i using the correct combination in fcup ? I am using the toolset to build STM32 projects and I thought I would keep up with latest changes, especially with the pico.

MiR:
only setting embedded is not enough you have to tell the system to use arm, subarch and put in a correct -Wp.

Please clone the pico repository and open an lpi provided there and try compile.

Sharing your lpi will make helping you a lot easier, my magic glass spere is a litty cloudy atm, I cannot see what you actually tried to do...

Also it is important to have the correct subarch compiler, please check the doku on the wiki....

https://wiki.freepascal.org/ARM_Embedded_Tutorial_-_Installing_Lazarus_and_Free_Pascal

ASBzone:
What folders did you install the new and old instances into?

You will need to provide more info to get good troubleshooting assistance...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version