Recent

Author Topic: What OS will my projects run on  (Read 2009 times)

geraldholdsworth

What OS will my projects run on
« on: March 07, 2021, 01:01:52 pm »
Probably a bit of a stupid question, and I probably already know the answer so this is more of a confirmation for me.

With my Lazarus (2.0.12) install on High Sierra, what versions of macOS should I expect my compiled projects to run on?
I also cross compile to 32 bit. This an 'out of the box' install with just the 32 bit compiler option added on (following the FAQ on the Wiki, IIRC). X-Code is whatever version is the latest for High Sierra (to be honest, I hardly use X-Code, and when I ran it to find out a version number it wanted to install more stuff...so I quit it, for now).

Also, again I probably already know the answer to this (and may be answered by the previous question anyway), if I were to upgrade my machine to Mojave or Catalina, will my projects still run on High Sierra?
(on the plus side I do also happen to have a Mac here which won't go past High Sierra...but doesn't have Lazarus installed on it - yet).

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: What OS will my projects run on
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 01:24:09 pm »
Every Intel processor Mac computer since late 2006 has been 64 bit capable.

Your compiled applications (so long as they were compiled as 64 bit) should work on Leopard (10.5) through Big Sur (11.x). If you only compile for 32 bit, then Leopard through Mojave (10.14.6).

[Edit: Assuming you do not try using an Apple Framework that is not available in an earlier macOS version.]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 01:30:03 pm by trev »

geraldholdsworth

Re: What OS will my projects run on
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 03:13:05 pm »
Thank you - that is what I had thought/hoped.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018