Recent

Author Topic: Apple Silicon / M1 : Native Version?  (Read 4003 times)

MrMaxMusterman

Apple Silicon / M1 : Native Version?
« on: March 04, 2021, 04:33:31 pm »
So i know that lazarus can run on apple silicion. For that though, you need to build it from source and do a lot of other things (im not a pro when it comes to this ;) ).
What is the current state of a "stable" or rather normal version of lazarus on Apple Silicon. Will there ever be a native ARM installer for it and if so when?

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: Apple Silicon / M1 : Native Version?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 11:31:27 pm »
It really is very easy to follow the Wiki instructions to create your own native version - I did it and my only qualifications are three law degrees and 32 years in the legal publishing industry :o

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 07:09:58 am »
Will there ever be a native ARM installer for it and if so when?
Likely with the next version of Lazarus.

For the native "stable" version there's a need in a "stable" FPC release with the official M1 support.
AFAIK, the official FPC releases don't support M1, but the trunk and the "fixes" branches do.

As trev mentioned in the previous post, you can build your own version from sources.

MrMaxMusterman

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 09:45:00 pm »
So thanks for all the answers. Ill definetly look into building it from source although im not That pleased needing to do so. Does the main Version of Lazarus (macOS) also run under Rosetta2?

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 10:42:29 pm »
So thanks for all the answers. Ill definetly look into building it from source although im not That pleased needing to do so. Does the main Version of Lazarus (macOS) also run under Rosetta2?
both Lazarus and FPC (intel) run under Rosetta2

TinyPortal © 2005-2018