Forum > Debugger

Raspbian: running a program using PascalIO from the IDE

<< < (5/6) > >>

dseligo:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on March 04, 2021, 02:47:47 pm ---tunnelling Lazarus through the link
--- End quote ---

What do you mean by that?

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: dseligo on March 04, 2021, 11:25:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: MarkMLl on March 04, 2021, 02:47:47 pm ---tunnelling Lazarus through the link
--- End quote ---

What do you mean by that?

--- End quote ---

SSH has the capability of tunnelling X11 network traffic, you need this in ssh_config

Host *
#   ForwardAgent no
ForwardX11 yes

Then all you have to do is type in the name of the IDE (I usually go via a shell script which has both the Lazarus and FPC version numbers in it) and it will appear on your local screen.

Not very efficient particularly if an X11 program generates excessive input device (mouse etc.) traffic, but it's fine for headless development systems.

MarkMLl

GuidoJ:
Just to give you an update: I spend the last few days figuring out, how to install FPC 3.2.0 and Lazarus 2.0.12 on my Raspberry PI 4. It turned out, I had to compile from the sources.
For now, apart from one minor error, Lazarus 2.0.12 seems to work.

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: GuidoJ on March 07, 2021, 01:35:06 pm ---Just to give you an update: I spend the last few days figuring out, how to install FPC 3.2.0 and Lazarus 2.0.12 on my Raspberry PI 4. It turned out, I had to compile from the sources.
For now, apart from one minor error, Lazarus 2.0.12 seems to work.

--- End quote ---

I admit that that's normally how I do it, I normally start off with the FPC project's tarball (rather than whatever comes with the distro) and was only able to find 3.0.2 the other day.

MarkMLl

GuidoJ:
Another strange concept - at least after 35 years of windows. I started with turbo pascal for windows  ;)

Amazon have delivered a Raspberry PI zero w to me. Now I can start looking into remote debugging. I plan on using the PI zero for my heating project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version