Recent

Author Topic: TIpHtmlPanel and background-color  (Read 1099 times)

Manlio

• Pascal dev
TIpHtmlPanel and background-color
« on: March 01, 2021, 09:42:09 pm »
I recently started familiarizing with the TIpHtmlPanel component, and I discovered that it doesn't support "background-color" for <span> elements.

I'd like to ask those of you who are well acquainted with the component the following questions:

Do you think that adding "background-color" support for <span> elements would be easy or hard?

By easy I mean that I could sort of copy and paste some code from the elements that support it, (e.g. from body) to the corresponding code where <span> is implemented. Of course with some adjustments, etc.

Or is it hard, in the sense that a lot of different sections of code would have to be understood, modified, tested, etc.?

If you think it's easy, I'll give it a try, but I suspect it's hard because otherwise by now such a basic thing as background-color would have been done by someone else...

Looking forward to your advice, and thanks in advance!
manlio mazzon gmail

wp

Re: TIpHtmlPanel and background-color
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 11:32:49 pm »
Please try the version of the IpHtmlPanel in Lazarus trunk. There was some activity recently regarding background color, and I just verified in a test that <span style="background-color:green">test</span> correctly displays the word "test" on green background.

Manlio

• Pascal dev
Re: TIpHtmlPanel and background-color
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 01:57:38 pm »
Please try the version of the IpHtmlPanel in Lazarus trunk. There was some activity recently regarding background color, and I just verified in a test that <span style="background-color:green">test</span> correctly displays the word "test" on green background.

Thank you! I checked and indeed it works now. Thanks again!
manlio mazzon gmail

TinyPortal © 2005-2018