Recent

Author Topic: String concatenation during debug opens Assembler window  (Read 1944 times)

ydd

String concatenation during debug opens Assembler window
« on: March 01, 2021, 02:46:12 pm »
See in screenshot

it is hard to debug, because I need to constantly close Assembler window, and sometimes debug cannot continue

wp

Re: String concatenation during debug opens Assembler window
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 03:02:03 pm »
I don't know what you did to your Lazarus. Mine which is running at default settings accepts this code and does not display an Assembler window. (There is a warning in the message window that S is not initialized - and this is correct).

I'd recommend to reset the user settings of your installation. Find out where your Lazarus stores the user settings: Open "View" > "IDE Internals" > "About IDE" and note the directory mentioned after "Primary config directory". Close Lazarus, then rename this directory and start Lazarus anew - this will rewrite a new default user configuration. The program should run flawlessly now. You will lose all your changed by creating new default settings (be warned!), but you can return to the old settings by renaming the directory back (including the mis-configuration leading to the reported error).

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 03:12:17 pm »
I assume this is when you press F8 (step over)?
And I assume your fpc is the default install that came with Lazarus?
And you are using the default debugger?

There is a known issue between Fpc and Gdb (don't know which one causes the bug) that can lead to such "step in" where not expected.

Menu: Tools > Option: page Debugger > General  (or in svn trunk: backend)
There is a property grid. In it is an option "FixIncorrectStepOver" -> set it to true.

There also is a checkbox "Auto close asm window" => which means, if the asm window opens, and you do "step over", "step out" (back to your code), then the asm window gets closed again.

Alternatively search the forum/wiki for fpdebug / LazDebuggerFp and install/configure this.

ydd

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 03:21:01 pm »
I assume this is when you press F8 (step over)?
And I assume your fpc is the default install that came with Lazarus?
And you are using the default debugger?

yes for all

Menu: Tools > Option: page Debugger > General  (or in svn trunk: backend)
There is a property grid. In it is an option "FixIncorrectStepOver" -> set it to true.
There also is a checkbox "Auto close asm window" => which means, if the asm window opens, and you do "step over", "step out" (back to your code), then the asm window gets closed again.

it helped - asm window still opens, but closes on next F8 press. Thank you!

Alternatively search the forum/wiki for fpdebug / LazDebuggerFp and install/configure this.

will do, thanks

TinyPortal © 2005-2018