Recent

Author Topic: [Index] My Collections of Modern Pascal Programs  (Read 4214 times)

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: [Index] My Collections of Modern Pascal Programs
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2021, 04:00:36 pm »
When one cannot discuss technically and rationally, he or she would start behaving emotionally. I am not 100% and not even near 90% intellectual, so please understand I feel hurt at times.

I sometimes get hurt too.

I'm a self-taught programmer, I do not follow any programming standard. But my codes work, I'm sure about it. I posted some codes here and got criticism. I felt bad. Instead of giving up I chose to study what they said. They were correct. My codes worked but it had security issues, it could perform better and easier to maintain. There were plenty of improvements can be made.

Some forums are bad, they will try to 'kill' you using words. But this forum is not that bad. Some words may sound harsh, but people here are more objective than those on the other forums.

Programming is not my real job. I do not have much time for it. But I visit this forum frequently, if someone asks how to do something, I will write a demo for it as quick as possible. I'm a kind of shy for showing my codes but I keep doing it. Because I simply like solving problem and writing codes.

If I get criticism, then that means there is something can be improved. Hey, my coding skill now has improved a lot, I adjust my coding style to the common standard. And I learned many new things. Previously I wrote codes that work, now I write codes that work better.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 04:17:01 pm by Handoko »

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
Re: [Index] My Collections of Modern Pascal Programs
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 08:00:05 pm »
Some forums are bad, they will try to 'kill' you using words. But this forum is not that bad. Some words may sound harsh, but people here are more objective than those on the other forums.

I've been on a lot of forums and mailing lists and newsgroups over the years.  This is one of the best online communities I have been a member of.

But I visit this forum frequently, if someone asks how to do something, I will write a demo for it as quick as possible. I'm a kind of shy for showing my codes but I keep doing it. Because I simply like solving problem and writing codes.

I have benefited from things that you have posted, Handoko, even when they did not directly apply to any project I was working on. And I find you to be one of quite a number of very helpful forum members.
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018