Recent

Author Topic: Errors when building HtmlViewer with FPC 3.3.1  (Read 1300 times)

dsiders

Errors when building HtmlViewer with FPC 3.3.1
« on: February 18, 2024, 10:03:08 pm »
I just tried to rebuild the HtmlViewer package using FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 3.99. I encountered a couple of errors, where it complains about missing overloads. The fix was relatively simple:

Code: Diff  [Select][+][-]
  1. diff HtmlViewer/source/HTMLSubs.pas /lazarus/components/HtmlViewer/source/HTMLSubs.pas
  2. 5755c5755
  3. <       else if Self is TTableBlock and not TTableBlock(Self).Table.HeadOrFoot then {ordinary tables}
  4. ---
  5. >       else if (Self is TTableBlock) and (not TTableBlock(Self).Table.HeadOrFoot) then {ordinary tables}
  6. diff HtmlViewer/source/htmlview.pas /lazarus/components/HtmlViewer/source/htmlview.pas
  7. 4511c4511
  8. <   else if Sender is TFontObj and not NoJump then
  9. ---
  10. >   else if (Sender is TFontObj) and (not NoJump) then

Apparently FPC 3.3.1 is more stringent with its evaluation order.

Where should a bug report for the Lazarus source be submitted? I looked at the GitHub repo... but it appears to be for the Delphi code base.

TIA

Don
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

bytebites

Re: Errors when building HtmlViewer with FPC 3.3.1
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 10:35:36 pm »
The latter part doos not require ()
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. if (Sender is TFontObj) and not NoJump then

wp

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 11:13:57 pm »
Where should a bug report for the Lazarus source be submitted? I looked at the GitHub repo... but it appears to be for the Delphi code base.
Where did you get the sources from? OPM? In this case I'd suggest that you do a fresh download of the sources from OPM, apply your change, increment the third digit of the package version number, pack everything to a new zip, send it per mail to opm@lazarus-ide.org and ask for updating OPM due to fixed compilation.

dsiders

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 02:00:21 am »
Where did you get the sources from? OPM?

Yes, from OPM. I have 11.8.0 - same as OPM.

In this case I'd suggest that you do a fresh download of the sources from OPM, apply your change, increment the third digit of the package version number, pack everything to a new zip, send it per mail to opm@lazarus-ide.org and ask for updating OPM due to fixed compilation.

I can do that. Thanks, Werner.

dsiders

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 03:33:46 am »
Where did you get the sources from? OPM?

Yes, from OPM. I have 11.8.0 - same as OPM.

In this case I'd suggest that you do a fresh download of the sources from OPM, apply your change, increment the third digit of the package version number, pack everything to a new zip, send it per mail to opm@lazarus-ide.org and ask for updating OPM due to fixed compilation.

I can do that. Thanks, Werner.

And apparently I cannot... mail provider will not send a .zip attachment. Thanks Google.

I'll post a patch to the GithHub issue tracker.

TRon

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 03:54:27 am »
And apparently I cannot... mail provider will not send a .zip attachment. Thanks Google.
Back in the day uuencode was used for things like attachments. It (or any other solution such as base64) can be used to bypass such (silly) restrictions.

dsiders

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 04:22:24 am »
Back in the day uuencode was used for things like attachments. It (or any other solution such as base64) can be used to bypass such (silly) restrictions.

It's all good.

I posted an issue on the GitHub repo. It'll either get applied... or there's a fork in my future.

wp

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2024, 09:17:47 am »
mail provider will not send a .zip attachment. Thanks Google.
But when you send your mail by Google you should have a Google account and with it some free GigaBytes on their Google Drive --> Upload the zip to Google Drive and mail the link.

dsiders

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2024, 05:52:49 pm »
But when you send your mail by Google you should have a Google account and with it some free GigaBytes on their Google Drive --> Upload the zip to Google Drive and mail the link.

That's true, but my experiences sharing links or accessing shared links hasn't been positive. I'll use it as a fallback (if I have to). Let's see what happens with the origin repo.

dsiders

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2024, 07:58:47 pm »

I took your advice and sent a link to GetMem. The GitHub repository is already 2 releases ahead of OPM. It appears there's no interest in updating OPM.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018