Recent

Author Topic: IBX 2.4.0 for Lazarus is now available for download (Updated)  (Read 13739 times)

tonyw

• MWA Software
IBX 2.4.0 for Lazarus is now available for download (Updated)
« on: February 25, 2021, 02:25:35 pm »
MWA Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.4.0 of IBX for Lazarus. This version supports the new Firebird 4 data types and has been tested with the latest version of lazarus (2.0.12) and FPC (3.2.0). All users are recommended to upgrade to this version. It is available for download from

https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx

The new Firebird data types supported are: TIME WITH TIME ZONE, TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE, INT128, DECFLOAT and  extended precision NUMERIC fields. Due to recent changes to the Firebird 4 API, no version of Firebird 4 less than Firebird 4 rc1 is supported.

See the updated user guide for more information on how to use these new data types.

A major addition to IBX 2.4.0 for lazarus is the inclusion of a comprehensive testsuite. This is not included in the distribution archives, but can be downloaded from our svn repository (https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/svn-repository).

The testsuite is intended to provide a set of tests with a pass/fail result determined by a simple inspection of the "diff" file. It uses the same approach as the existing testsuite for the Firebird Pascal API, also bundled in with IBX for Lazarus.

The testsuite comprises 28 separate tests, testing 230 identified features present in the IBX non-visual components. It is intended to provide comprehensive test coverage of all test features in order to demonstrate a high degree of confidence that the software performs as expected and when run on different platforms (32 bit and 64 bit, Linux and Windows) and with different versions of the Firebird database (2.5, 3 and 4). It also supports regression testing. See doc/TestCoverage.pdf for a list of tests and test features and which test covers which test features. The file ibx/testsuite/readme.txt contains information on how to run the test suite.

Version 2.4.0 has been tested using the testsuite for Firebird 2.5.9, Firebird 3.0.5 and Firebird 4 rc1 in various combinations of 32-bit and 64-bit Linux and Windows platforms, and with recent versions of FPC.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 02:20:52 pm by tonyw »

dsiders

Re: IBX 2.4.0 for Lazarus is now available for download
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 04:13:24 pm »
MWA Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.4.0 of IBX for Lazarus.

Thanks Tony. Downloading now...
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 09:29:43 am »
Thank you, Tony.

However, this morning I updated (trunk version) and there is some problem with paths. See attached snapshot.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:33:36 am by Zoran »

Zoran

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 10:23:58 am »
Same with R2-4-0 branch.
IB.pas(160,2) Fatal: Cannot open include file "include\dyn_consts.inc"

devEric69

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 10:24:38 am »
Thank you very much, Tony!

Aside:
Thank you, Tony.
However, this morning I updated (trunk version) and there is some problem with paths. See attached snapshot.
I don't know if it could have a link with this problem, if it could be a wild hazard, but I believe that a DBTreeView maybe with the same name (inspired by IBX DBTreeView, but having to work with fpSQL framework), should have appeared in the trunk: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,52822.msg390117.html#msg390117 .
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:45:42 am by devEric69 »
use: Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 10:49:42 am »
Thank you, Tony.

Thanks for the QA check. The problem is now fixed and as this svn sync problem has happened before, there is no excuse on my side! A quick audit also found another 4 files that hadn't made it across.

jujibo

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 12:21:21 pm »
MWA Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.4.0 of IBX for Lazarus. This version supports the new Firebird 4 data types and has been tested with the latest version of lazarus (2.0.12) and FPC (3.2.0). All users are recommended to upgrade to this version. It is available for download from

https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx

Thanks Tony

Zoran

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 03:52:39 pm »
Thanks for the QA check. The problem is now fixed and as this svn sync problem has happened before, there is no excuse on my side! A quick audit also found another 4 files that hadn't made it across.

You need not apologize for minor mistake.
Thank you for many working hours devoted to our community.

IBX trunk (svn rev. 329) still does not compile. Now, when trying to install dclibx I get:
IBTreeView.pas(34,7) Fatal: Cannot find DBTreeView used by IBTreeView. Check search path of package ibcontrols, try a clean rebuild, check implementation uses sections..

That is on Windows 10 64-bit; Lazarus fixes 2.0.13 32-bit; FPC stable 3.2.0
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:54:39 pm by Zoran »

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 05:23:02 pm »
What is really annoying is that this was one of the files I identified this morning as being MIA from the public repository. I may have improved IBX testing, but I obviously need a better test plan for the public svn :(

Problem fixed.

Sandman

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 08:29:35 pm »
Thanks for your great work :)

I`ve found an error at IBX4 Lazarus Guide (Issue 1.9, 21 Feb 2021), sec. 5.4.2.1 and 5.4.2.2:
Seems like sample code should have ParamByName('Param1') be written instead of ParamByName('MyProc').

alaa123456789

• Try your Best to learn & help others
    • youtube:
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2021, 08:46:15 pm »
What is really annoying is that this was one of the files I identified this morning as being MIA from the public repository. I may have improved IBX testing, but I obviously need a better test plan for the public svn :(

Problem fixed.
hi tony,
could ibx dbctrlgrid used without database? or with any other type od database aside from firebird , how could we control the flow panel if i want to put trackbar in the panel to show the progress of sound file (attached photo) , how i control each item in draw panel even i moved the focus to other item

please help

thanks 

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 10:51:23 am »
hi tony,
could ibx dbctrlgrid used without database? or with any other type od database aside from firebird , how could we control the flow panel if i want to put trackbar in the panel to show the progress of sound file (attached photo) , how i control each item in draw panel even i moved the focus to other item

please help

thanks

TDBControlGrid is distributed with IBX and used by the IBX examples. However, it does not require IBX or Firebird and will work with any TDataSource. This does not have to be a database sourced dataset but could e.g. be a TMemDataset.

alaa123456789

• youtube:
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 05:12:38 pm »
TDBControlGrid is distributed with IBX and used by the IBX examples. However, it does not require IBX or Firebird and will work with any TDataSource. This does not have to be a database sourced dataset but could e.g. be a TMemDataset.
is there is any sample ,how to work with drawpanel , how i control each row if yu look in my previes photo, can i do this ?
thanks

tonyw

• MWA Software
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2021, 05:22:10 pm »
is there is any sample ,how to work with drawpanel , how i control each row if yu look in my previes photo, can i do this ?
thanks
The IBX zip contains an example in ibx/examples/dbcontrolgrid. There is also some documentation in the IBX User Guide.

The example uses a TPanel. However, you can also use a TFrame or any TWinControl as the surface for each row. You can put any controls you like on the (e.g.) TPanel and they are replicated for each row in the dataset. Most will be data aware controls linked to the same datasource. Then each row contains that row's value for the control.

alaa123456789

• youtube:
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2021, 05:38:26 pm »
i have done this , but when i open the sqlquery it is loading the first row till i scroll the mouse down then it shows other rows , (1.gif) - when i press play button in any row and when i move the focus into other row the controls in panel for example track bar also move , i wan only the row where i press button to interact not other rows.(2.gif)
thanks

TinyPortal © 2005-2018