Recent

Author Topic: Need a sample of the most simple *.dproj  (Read 1243 times)

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

• Professional amateur ;-P
Need a sample of the most simple *.dproj
« on: March 25, 2021, 12:21:58 pm »
Hey all,

Somehow, and I'm still not quite sure why, I was able to convince CodingHorror (aka Jeff Atwood) to Include Pascal/Object Pascal in the effort to translate some old BASIC games to modern languages/practices: BSIC Computer Games on Github

I have to admit that I'm a tad behind since I've only translated 2 of the 90+ examples.

I kinda promised Jeff that I would be very dialect agnostic and provide code that could be compiled on both FPC and Delphi.
I lack the means to provide each translation with a *.dproj unless someone can get me the most basic *.dproj ever, pointing to mainprogram.pas instead of mainprogram.dpr because that's how I've set up all the *.lpi.

Can anyone help?
Many, MANY thanks in advance y'all!!

Cheers,
Gus
Lazarus 3.99(main) FPC 3.3.1(main) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
Lazarus 3.0.0(stable) FPC 3.2.2(stable) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
http://github.com/gcarreno

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: Need a sample of the most simple *.dproj
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 12:36:38 pm »
Well, *.dproj files are XML files, and they're equivalent to *.lpi files in Lazarus.  They're not simple though.  Actually they're more complex than *.lpi, maybe because Delphi has a really massive configuration and project dialogs (really, first time I saw it two years ago was like OMFGWTHITS).

Take a look to the examples directory of Allegro.pas to see how I deal with both files pointing to the same program.  You'll see all dproj (and lpi) files are (almost) the same.

By the way, this is a nice project.  I would try to port some of the games if I find time to...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 12:42:52 pm by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 12:42:15 pm »
Afaik the .dproj is version dependent, and older versions used .cfg and .bdsproj respectively.

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 12:57:21 pm »
Hey marcov,

Afaik the .dproj is version dependent, and older versions used .cfg and .bdsproj respectively.

Oh crap, you're right, I completely forgot about that history...
I guess I'll aim to something near 10.x ? I guess that from 10.1 to the new 10.4 the *.dproj hasn't changed that much?

Cheers,
Gus

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 01:03:40 pm »
Hey Ñuño,

Well, *.dproj files are XML files, and they're equivalent to *.lpi files in Lazarus.  They're not simple though.  Actually they're more complex than *.lpi, maybe because Delphi has a really massive configuration and project dialogs (really, first time I saw it two years ago was like OMFGWTHITS).

Yeap, I know they are XML like the *.lpi. I've done some Delphi programming since Delphi 1.0 and TP 5.5 to TP 7.0 before that ;)

Take a look to the examples directory of Allegro.pas to see how I deal with both files pointing to the same program.  You'll see all dproj (and lpi) files are (almost) the same.

Thanks for the big list of *.dproj but they're not that helpful when there is so much in there than a simple hello world program.
And I'm guessing that you have access to a Delphi version, where I don't, sorry :(
But still, I appreciate the list!!

By the way, this is a nice project.  I would try to port some of the games if I find time to...

Indeed it is. And I've been feeling rather guilty for slacking so much!!
You are more than welcome to give a helping hand !! Thanks for the interest!!

Cheers,
Gus

TinyPortal © 2005-2018