Forum > Lazarus

Lazarus Release 2.0.12

<< < (9/10) > >>

kegge13:

--- Quote from: wp on March 01, 2021, 03:20:15 pm ---I now looked at it in more detail and cannot find a difference between 2.0.10 and 2.0.12 regarding these events... Both versions do have a TChartAxis.OnMarkToText, but no OnGetMarkText, and there is no "deprecated" message here either.

Did you open your project with  Lazarus trunk in between? It is clear that the new version can introduce new properties and events, and when you return to a release version they can lead to issues.

--- End quote ---

Yes, on february 21, I pulled the svn of the then pre-production v2.0.12 as my contribution to test it. There I got those deprecated messages. At that moment I created this compiler switch:

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---{$if declared(TChartGetAxisMarkTextEvent)} {$DEFINE LCL_2-0-12_Up}{$endif} FormCreate:...{$IFDEF LCL_2-0-12_Up}DataPlot.AxisList[DefChartAxR].OnGetMarkText:= @RightAxisGetMarkText;{$ELSE}DataPlot.AxisList[DefChartAxR].OnMarkToText := @AxisMarkToText;{$ENDIF}... 
Today I stepped though the formcreate in the debugger. It suggests that  "LCL_2-0-12_Up" is defined because the {$ELSE} part is presented as grayed out, but actually @AxisMarkToText is used by the code. So TChartGetAxisMarkTextEvent is not seen as declared in the production build of v2.0.12. Again my apologies for the created confusion.

JuhaManninen:

--- Quote from: kegge13 on March 02, 2021, 11:26:24 am ---Yes, on february 21, I pulled the svn of the then pre-production v2.0.12 as my contribution to test it.

--- End quote ---
You accidentally pulled Lazarus trunk (development version). That is my guess anyways.

wittbo:
First:  Thanks a lot for this new release and your work done.

When testing my applications with the new release (macOS s.b.), I noticed just these same problems as for 2.0.10:
-  OpenSSL: connect to some websites fails
-  Application does not start from IDE

For 2.0.10 I made a little script containing the necessary modifications (s. attachments). If I apply the same modifications for 2.0.12, everything is working as expected.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: wittbo on March 02, 2021, 08:07:21 pm ---For 2.0.10 I made a little script containing the necessary modifications (s. attachments). If I apply the same modifications for 2.0.12, everything is working as expected.

--- End quote ---

You might want to make a bug report about that, please.

trev:

--- Quote from: wittbo on March 02, 2021, 08:07:21 pm ---When testing my applications with the new release (macOS s.b.), I noticed just these same problems as for 2.0.10:
-  OpenSSL: connect to some websites fails

--- End quote ---

I reported this on the BugTracker for FPC here. It has been fixed in trunk.

Beware that your solution is using the old, insecure and out of date OpenSSL libraries and not the new and more secure and more up-to-date (but still outdated  LibreSSL libraries.

Also note that using the supplied libraries was deprecated by Apple in Mac OS X 10.7 with best practice suggested to be including the needed libraries in your own application bundle (ie you cannot rely on the libraries being included into the future as Apple advocated  using their own Secure Transport API which itself has now been deprecated in favour of the macOS 10.14 Network Framework.

--- Quote ----  Application does not start from IDE

--- End quote ---

I reported this in the Lazarus BugTracker here. It has been fixed in trunk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version