Forum > Lazarus

Lazarus Release 2.0.12

<< < (5/10) > >>

geraldholdsworth:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on February 26, 2021, 11:03:56 am ---Isn't 2.0.11 the branch from where 2.0.12 was built?
They should be identical now.

--- End quote ---

No idea. It's odd.
The strange thing is, it reported the error AND opened the unit it couldn't find!

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: geraldholdsworth on February 26, 2021, 12:26:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on February 26, 2021, 11:03:56 am ---Isn't 2.0.11 the branch from where 2.0.12 was built?
They should be identical now.

--- End quote ---

No idea. It's odd.
The strange thing is, it reported the error AND opened the unit it couldn't find!

--- End quote ---

Indeed, 11 is odd  ;) :)

But yes, 2.0.11 is the branch (it is now 2.0.13). 

2.0.11 is not a single revision, it is the collective name for all the commits in between 2.0.10 and 2.0.12. S
So how different it is, depends on how old it was. (So it changes a lot about a week before release)

Anyway: go to menu: Tools > Configure build lazarus
Check: "Clean all"
Rebuild

See if that helps.

Errors like you got, can happen because of conflicts with old "ppu" files. Normally that is taken care of automatically, but....

geraldholdsworth:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on February 26, 2021, 02:28:09 pm ---Anyway: go to menu: Tools > Configure build lazarus
Check: "Clean all"
Rebuild

See if that helps.
--- End quote ---
Yep, that did it...thank you.

I'll have to remember that trick.

vfclists:
Thanks to the Lazarus development team for the latest release.

Some of us are not that expressive and may not show up here often, but we really appreciate your work.

geraldholdsworth:

--- Quote from: vfclists on February 26, 2021, 04:52:20 pm ---Thanks to the Lazarus development team for the latest release.

Some of us are not that expressive and may not show up here often, but we really appreciate your work.

--- End quote ---
Amen to that - in my opinion, although it lacks way behind Delphi (which obviously is a prohibitive cost for most of us), it is also way ahead of Delphi in having a native IDE for each platform - no more having to code on a Windows machine, then port across to a Mac (for example). Except for a few remaining projects I have in Delphi, I can't see myself going back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version