Recent

Author Topic: Fix for indy for Android (and all *nix systems) to remove libiconv dependancy  (Read 1111 times)

zgabrovski

I did a fix for indy 10 sources, to remove the dependancy from iconv library for all *nix systems.
I have a problems in my application with Indy, libiconv.so and Android 10.
It was dirty crashing when I try to send some data to the server. I found the problem comes some how from the iteration between Indy 10 library and libiconv.so.
First of all it was very hard to found a working copy of libiconv.so for android. Thanks for Don Alfredo, he sent me a copy.
But after that my application crash when sent data on Android 10. On 8 &9 it works. backtrace shows me that the crash is somewhere in libiconv.so.
I recomiped it from the scratch with a .bat file provided from Don Alfredo (in fpcupdevuxe->various build scripts folder), bu result is similar.

I got angry and got rid of the dependencies on the iconv library and managed to replace it with LConvEncoding which comes with fpc. A while ago I launched the problematic application and now it works like the sun.
The attached link has a link to download the two files I modified to make this work.

https://www.atozed.com/forums/thread-2269-post-7707.html#pid7707

I will attach the modified files here too.
Indy version 10, downloaded through OPM.

MarkMLl

A little bit of immoderate rage works wonders at times- as does eliminating dependencies if they're genuinely not needed :-)

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
I've made tweaks to zgabrovski's proposed changes.  I have attached them here.  These have NOT been merged into Indy's main code yet.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
Attached is an updated IdGlobal.pas.  Further changes will be checked into this GitHub branch.
Remy Lebeau

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
Further changes will be checked into this GitHub branch.

That branch has now been merged into Indy's main code.
Remy Lebeau

TinyPortal © 2005-2018