Forum > Embedded - ARM

Getting a USB stack to work on STM32

<< < (2/7) > >>

petex:
I was getting RX to work but not TX.
I had different endpoint addresses for the RX and TX endpoints. I set them to $01 and $81 i,e, address 1 and i started to get TX request events and transmission of data started.

MiR:
Like it!

I am a USB-noob myself, would you mind sharing your code? I'd love to put an example in MBF.

Modern USB Stacks (tinyusb) do not need a vendor specific driver for windows, any idea what they do different?

Michael

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: MiR on February 09, 2021, 11:16:58 am ---I am a USB-noob myself, would you mind sharing your code? I'd love to put an example in MBF.
--- End quote ---

Laksen's USB stack is available here.

--- Quote from: MiR on February 09, 2021, 11:16:58 am ---Modern USB Stacks (tinyusb) do not need a vendor specific driver for windows, any idea what they do different?
--- End quote ---

They probably report vendor/device IDs that Windows supports out of the box.

Laksen:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on February 09, 2021, 12:56:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: MiR on February 09, 2021, 11:16:58 am ---I am a USB-noob myself, would you mind sharing your code? I'd love to put an example in MBF.
--- End quote ---

Laksen's USB stack is available here.

--- End quote ---

In case anyone's interested I have a big redesign on the feature_simpleusb branch that makes creating compound devices, and in general adding USB capability to a design a lot simpler:

https://github.com/Laksen/fp-usb/blob/feature_simpleusb/example_cdc/test.lpr#L205

MiR:
Have you ever tried how portable your stack is between stm* devices?

Currently my thinking was that if I ever need usb it is way easier to integrate something like tinyusb which is available for all major stm32 chips (and also atmel d21/51 and esp32)
but your code looks pretty slim.....

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version