Forum > Documentation (Maintaining -)

Remake of lHelp

<< < (2/2)

Andrey Sobol:
I am building a lhelp project only.  We need to change makefiles for building it as the bigide build.

Ps. Published also a makefile.fpc patch. But as far as I know you should to build it by a fpcmake utility for produce a makefile.

marcov:
I meanwhile compiled via make all and then manual compile (my lazarus on this machine was heavily outdated)

It seems to work, and is quite snappy, but I get a lot of external help vs chm help dialogs that IMHO are useless and slow help operation.

Andrey Sobol:

--- Quote from: marcov on February 07, 2021, 05:35:42 pm ---I get a lot of external help vs chm help dialogs that IMHO are useless and slow help operation.

--- End quote ---
I didn`t understand you. Could you write about this in detail?

marcov:

--- Quote from: Andrey Sobol on February 07, 2021, 06:33:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: marcov on February 07, 2021, 05:35:42 pm ---I get a lot of external help vs chm help dialogs that IMHO are useless and slow help operation.

--- End quote ---
I didn`t understand you. Could you write about this in detail?

--- End quote ---

One picture says more than a thousand words ;-)

JuhaManninen:
Please test everybody. I don't know LHelp well but I applied the patch and then tweaked some things because nobody else did.
I can tell Andrey Sobol's work is an improvement.

--- Quote from: Alextp on February 07, 2021, 12:35:09 pm ---Does lHelp allow to read Russian text CHMs on Linux?

--- End quote ---
To be more precise, is Unicode fully supported? Cyrillic text is a good test indeed.
There was already an issue with THTMLWordHighlighter.CheckTextNode. See the bug report.
FPC's XML lib uses UTF-16 DOMString (UnicodeString) which must be handled correctly with our UTF-8 solution.
Please report any problems with Unicode handling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version