Forum > Windows

Lazarus on Surface Pro X. Can it run?

(1/2) > >>

MrMaxMusterman:
So i know that the Surface Pro X has 32-bit Emulation but in some articles and videos, people went over some apps crashing even though emulation of them should be possible. What about Lazarus? Is there someone who uses or at least tried to use Lazarus on Surface Pro X or Windows on ARM? Can and does it run with it and is the performance that worse?

ASBzone:
I have not tried this as yet.  I have to get my hands on a Surface Pro X, at least to test.

Fred vS:
Does anybody have already installed Windows 10 on a Rpi 3-B?
And get fpc work on it?

And are the binaries compiled on Windows-Rpi compatible with MS Surface Pro X?

Thanks.

Fre;D

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: MrMaxMusterman on February 05, 2021, 11:26:39 pm ---So i know that the Surface Pro X has 32-bit Emulation but in some articles and videos, people went over some apps crashing even though emulation of them should be possible. What about Lazarus? Is there someone who uses or at least tried to use Lazarus on Surface Pro X or Windows on ARM? Can and does it run with it and is the performance that worse?

--- End quote ---

i386 Lazarus works without any problems on Windows for ARM64.

--- Quote from: Fred vS on March 11, 2021, 06:13:26 pm ---Does anybody have already installed Windows 10 on a Rpi 3-B?
--- End quote ---

Not on a Pi 3B, but on a Pi 4 inside a VM.

--- Quote from: Fred vS on March 11, 2021, 06:13:26 pm ---And get fpc work on it?
--- End quote ---

The i386 one, yes (including Lazarus). The aarch64 still has some bugs and is not fully useable yet.

--- Quote from: Fred vS on March 11, 2021, 06:13:26 pm ---And are the binaries compiled on Windows-Rpi compatible with MS Surface Pro X?
--- End quote ---

It's simply the i386 compiler. It doesn't generate any different binaries than it would on a i386 system.

Fred vS:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on March 12, 2021, 03:50:55 pm ---Not on a Pi 3B, but on a Pi 4 inside a VM.
--- End quote ---
It seems that it is possible too to install the true Windows 10 on Rpi4:
https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/install-windows-10-raspberry-pi

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on March 12, 2021, 03:50:55 pm ---i386 Lazarus works without any problems on Windows for ARM64.

--- End quote ---
Ha, ok, but this is because Windows for ARM64 can emulate i386 but this is not a "pure Windows ARM64 fpc" app.
(Or I miss something.)

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on March 12, 2021, 03:50:55 pm ---The aarch64 still has some bugs and is not fully useable yet.

--- End quote ---
Ha, ok, and this will produce a "pure Windows ARM64 fpc" app.
(Or I miss something)

Thanks for the light.

Fre;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version