Forum > Suggestions

A modest proposal in response to those who want "curly brackets"

<< < (2/8) > >>

Bart:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on February 01, 2021, 01:10:35 pm ---There won't be any kind of braces as block markers, cause this is Pascal which uses words instead of symbols for such things.

--- End quote ---

Yes, Pascal is a verbose language by design.
If you dislike verbosity, there are plenty of alternatives available, some of them are also very suitable for NARGs.

Bart

ASBzone:

--- Quote from: 440bx on February 01, 2021, 11:23:12 am ---Seriously, if someone loves curly brackets so much, they should program in C, all the curly brackets they can type.

--- End quote ---

Or GoLang...

trev:
For the reverse obsession, when I was involved in the development of the Opus CBCS (BBS) in the early 1980s, the original author Wynn Wagner III (RIP) wrote C like Pascal - no curly braces to be seen, but begin and end everywhere - see, for example zreceive.c :)

Leledumbo:

--- Quote from: ASBzone on February 01, 2021, 01:27:34 pm ---Or GoLang...

--- End quote ---
That one refuses to be called a C family member despite taking the basic block structure from it just because it's also inspired by Oberon (consequently, Pascal) for declaration sectioning, declaration order (identifier first, type later) and type bound procedures, perhaps also import aliasing.

CM630:
The Arduino language (some kind of C I think) uses {} instead of Begin/ End. I still cannot get used to that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version