Forum > Suggestions

A modest proposal in response to those who want "curly brackets"

<< < (6/6)

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on February 04, 2021, 09:53:39 am ---
--- Quote from: PascalDragon on February 04, 2021, 09:01:22 am ---Fun fact: FPC handles the replacement for square brackets as well (and obviously the comment style):

--- End quote ---

Am I right in assuming that (* *) shouldn't be considered to be digraphs for { } since (* } and { *) don't work? My recollection is that some things are still picky about which form they use, e.g. macros requite breaces.

--- End quote ---

As I have written in the comment of the example code, in trunk in mode ISO (and it should also be EXTENDEDPASCAL, but isn't :o ), it is indeed handled as a digraph. In the other modes this is not done due to Delphi- and nowadays also backwards compatibility.

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on February 04, 2021, 01:12:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: MarkMLl on February 04, 2021, 09:53:39 am ---Am I right in assuming that (* *) shouldn't be considered to be digraphs for { } since (* } and { *) don't work? My recollection is that some things are still picky about which form they use, e.g. macros requite breaces.

--- End quote ---

As I have written in the comment of the example code, in trunk in mode ISO (and it should also be EXTENDEDPASCAL, but isn't :o ), it is indeed handled as a digraph. In the other modes this is not done due to Delphi- and nowadays also backwards compatibility.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure whether that only applied to (square) brackets, or also to braces ("curly brackets").

MarkMLl

marcov:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on February 04, 2021, 01:12:56 pm ---As I have written in the comment of the example code, in trunk in mode ISO (and it should also be EXTENDEDPASCAL, but isn't :o ), it is indeed handled as a digraph. In the other modes this is not done due to Delphi- and nowadays also backwards compatibility.

--- End quote ---

(Afaik nesting comments were one of the first differences between mode fpc and TP, before the Delphi compatibility)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version