Recent

Author Topic: doc (CHM) snapshot updated 2021-04-11  (Read 5173 times)

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
doc (CHM) snapshot updated 2021-04-11
« on: January 30, 2021, 05:34:59 pm »
The last two months were very busy on the fpdoc front, so better have a new topic.

I did another beta build of the (chm) docs.  It uses lazarus trunk and fpc 3.2.1 compiled with fpc trunk fpdoc.

http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/doc-chmbeta.zip

The lazutils file is back up to size. The ref.chm still has mutilated accents it seems, despite my quick fix.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 07:29:19 pm by marcov »

Andrey Sobol

Re: doc (CHM) snapshot updated 2021-01-30
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 07:29:36 pm »
Thanks, I think this is the best version at last time :)

Also, we can do better that :)

That is a quick analize of a log.
#########################

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. rtl
  2. Unresolved links: 203
  3. fcl
  4. Unresolved links: 603
  5. fcl-res
  6. Unresolved links: 165
  7. laz-utils
  8. Unresolved links: 15
  9. lcl
  10. Unresolved links: 365
At first you should enable a new option for fpdoc.

The option is "--fallback-seealso-links" - Simplify seealso links by exluding last link level for see also.
For a build_lcl_docs, that option is activated  as the "--arg --fallback-seealso-links"

That will reduce the count of the unresolved links at several times. And we will see wrong descriptions links only.

For lcl package I have got only 13 unresolved links with that option.

1. Warning: Target ID of <link> in unit "unicodedata", element "#rtl.unicodedata.TUInt24Rec.implicit(TUInt24Rec):Word", is unknown:

- I think that it is unresolved by FPDoc or the fpc-src - construction implicit(TUInt24Rec).

1. Warning: Target ID of <link> in unit "?", element "How to implement a new resource class", is unknown: "resource.TAbstractResource.SetDescOwner"
  2. Warning: Target ID of <link> in unit "?", element "How to implement a new resource class", is unknown: "resource.TAbstractResource.ChangeDescTypeAllowed"
  3. Warning: Target ID of <link> in unit "?", element "How to implement a new resource reader", is unknown: "resource.TAbstractResourceReader.GetDescription"
  4. Warning: Target ID of <link> in unit "?", element "How to implement a new resource reader", is unknown: "resource.TAbstractResourceReader.CheckMagic"
  5. Warning: Target ID of <link> in unit "?", element "How to implement a new resource reader", is unknown: "resource.TAbstractResourceReader.Load"
  7. #fcl-res.machowriter.EMachOResourceWriterSymbolTableWrongOrderException
  8. Warning: Target ID of <link> in unit "?", element "Introduction", is unknown: "Basic Usage"
  9. Warning: Target ID of <link> in unit "?", element "Basic Usage", is unknown: "resource.TResources"

- I don`t know what that is. I think a wrong structure of the documentation xml.
  1. ERROR Tree Class information: #fcl.streamex.TStreamHelper

- Not exist a tree class information for the helpers. A Class  tree is not displayed for helpers. That  is my todo.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 08:30:10 pm by Andrey Sobol »

Andrey Sobol

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 07:56:02 pm »
A description to this buld.

2020-01-21 build
1. Resolved specialize class objects. You can see that into lazutils.chm, unit lazListClasses.
2. Building a class tree with the specialize class objects.

2020-01-20 build
1. Fixed seealso links of the unit Dbactions.
2. Fixed the lazlistclasses`s parse process - Generic classes.

2020-01-17 build - need to enable the "--arg --fallback-seealso-links" option
1. Fix ResolveLinkID(). After that unresolved links count (for seeAlso) was reduced from < 500 to 349 for the lcl. Was resolved  the links of first level for unit without UnitName prefix (classes and procedure without unitName prefix).
2.  Wrote an addtional procedure ResolveLinkIDUnStrict() as a second stage resolving ResolveLinkID() for seeAlso links only. Excluded last token (fields for classes and types) After that unresolved links count was reduced from 349 to 24 for the lcl.
3. Only 13 unresolved links exists now for the lcl after fixing rests by hand.

2020-01-12 build - this patch is not applied yet.
1. Fix footer information
2. Fix a menu style.

2020-01-10
1. chm`s - At branch TOC "Classes and objects, by unit" are clickable now.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 09:11:01 pm »
The option is "--fallback-seealso-links" - Simplify seealso links by exluding last link level for see also.
For a build_lcl_docs, that option is activated  as the "--arg --fallback-seealso-links"

Hmm, that is potentially dangerous, since that could mean  #rtl.classes.nonexistingsymbol could be come #rtl.classes without much warning?

I don't like that as default solution

Andrey Sobol

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 06:51:51 am »
Hmm, that is potentially dangerous, since that could mean  #rtl.classes.nonexistingsymbol could be come #rtl.classes without much warning?
I don't like that as default solution
Very often Users:
1. set the link to protected fields or private fields (those pages sometimes is not included inside a documentation). I`ll get link to class
2. set links to parameters of methods or procedures (those pages not exist).  I`ll get link to the method or procedure.
3. That option is valid only for the seealso links (user defined).
4. That is second stage of resolving links (links was unresolved by a general procedure).

Any way on the beta build process, I would like to see only critical errors. The log file is a huge now, I can`t see noting usefull.

Also the warnings about that:
No documentation node found for identifier : #fcl.Zipper.INFOZIP_UNICODE_PATH_ID
No documentation node found for identifier : #fcl.Zipper.EFS_LANGUAGE_ENCODING_FLAG
is political position. I would see better the unresolved links only instead.

We have more than 1000 unresolved links now. Into laz-utils I have found mistakes only with that option enabled.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 07:18:07 am by Andrey Sobol »

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 01:58:26 pm »
I've thinking about this,  and I don't mind if unresolved links go a level higher. But I do want to see a fpdoc warning message if that happens.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: doc (CHM) snapshot updated 2021-04-11
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 07:30:11 pm »
I've updated the doc snapshot with the fpc fixes/lazarus trunk state of today

dsiders

Re: doc (CHM) snapshot updated 2021-04-11
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 06:28:19 am »
I've updated the doc snapshot with the fpc fixes/lazarus trunk state of today

I've reported it before... footers for LCL and LazUtils are incorrect. (see attached).

I'll look at other content as time permits.
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

TinyPortal © 2005-2018