Recent

Author Topic: [Index] My Collections of Modern Pascal Programs  (Read 4147 times)

FlierMate

[Index] My Collections of Modern Pascal Programs
« on: January 27, 2021, 03:43:25 pm »
(To admin and mods: Please delete or move this post as you see fit)

Note:
1. The purpose of this index page is to make my collections come handy especially it is on two different user accounts.
2. anyone and FlierMate are the same guy.

1. Address Book (Free Vision)
-Demonstrate uses of following Free Vision TUI elements:
* TInputLine
* TCheckBoxes
* TListBox
* TRadioButtons
-Comes with Add, Edit, Delete, Find, View, Export records functions.

Link: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,52938.0.html

2. Image to ASCII Art Converter (CLI)
Link: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,51679.0.html

3. Image to ANSI Art Converter (CLI)
Link: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,51665.0.html

4. Text Editor (Free Vision)
Link: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,53006.0.html

5. HexDump and HexView (HexView uses Free Vision TEditorWindow)
Link: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,51652.0.html

6. 21x21 QR Code Generator (CLI)
Note: It uses Cliff Hones' Reed-Solomon encoder
Link: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,52115.0.html

Your feedback are welcomed!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 03:48:21 pm by FlierMate »

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
Re: [Index] My Collections of Modern Pascal Programs
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 10:28:13 am »
Can you pls, create an account on GitHub, then make a reposotiry, and upload these apps there? you don't need Git, upload all via www dialogs.

Okoba

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 11:56:32 am »
Nice QR in CLI. I agree with Alex, please share them on something like Github or Gitlab, more people will find and enjoy them in the future.

FlierMate

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 03:34:09 pm »
Can you pls, create an account on GitHub, then make a reposotiry, and upload these apps there? you don't need Git, upload all via www dialogs.

Nice QR in CLI. I agree with Alex, please share them on something like Github or Gitlab, more people will find and enjoy them in the future.

Thank you. Your all suggestion is good but I have lost confidence in my own code, I end up deleting my GitHub account after creating them for awhile.

Okoba

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 07:38:00 pm »
They are very nice. Add an screen shot in the repo and it will help some people.

lucamar

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 09:51:21 pm »
Thank you. Your all suggestion is good but I have lost confidence in my own code, I end up deleting my GitHub account after creating them for awhile.

If you think about it you'll see that's nonsense (with all my respect). Instead of posting your code to a general repository geared to, maybe, better it with the help of others, you are posting it as "done", "take it as is" in a forum which is not really geared for this kind of things. And, frankly, loosing confidence in your own code after only a couple months of making it public is a little ... let's say "strange".

Be brave, load up the source to GitHub (or wherever you prefer) and tell the world: "this is my old code; can you better it? Show me!" ;)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 10:00:37 pm »
If you have lost confidence in the code, then why are you choosing to post it anywhere?
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

FlierMate

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 09:04:51 am »
I understand the lack of code collaboration, but they are small projects anyway.

I got discouraged last month as a few people posted this on another forum:

There's 2 parts to this work. One is the science part of it, where you experiment with various stuff like making that QR code generator like you mentioned. The other part is the engineering aspect. How to have your code base grow to a large size without it ending up in a mess, especially when there's a large team working on it........keep in mind that there's a difference between Comp Sci and Software Engineering. I've seen brilliant researchers in their different fields in Comp Sci. But you won't want them involved when it comes to production code.....if hobby you won't see such a ultimate programming coding. I wonder how can you improve the coding skill by start from hobby?

lucamar

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 09:31:01 am »
I wonder how can one develop any skill if one doesn't take it as a hobby (at least at the start) and make it for the love for it. :)

Think about it: you (as everyone) started from scratch and look what you've done; do you really think the process stops magically there? ;)

To participate in Internet fora you'll have to develop a somewhat thicker skin, take (with thanks) the positive, and discard negative comments as inconsequential. Yes, you'll feel hurt sometimes but don't let yourself become discouraged.

440bx

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 09:45:05 am »
To participate in Internet fora you'll have to develop a somewhat thicker skin, take (with thanks) the positive, and discard negative comments as inconsequential. Yes, you'll feel hurt sometimes but don't let yourself become discouraged.
That might very well be "requisite #1" to participate in any technical forum on the net.  "Postgrad" courses in that area readily available in stackoverflow.  :D
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

lucamar

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 10:04:40 am »
stackoverflow is kindergarden compared to some of the real wars on Usenet, both intra- and across boards. Anyone remembers comp.sys.sinclair vs. comp.sys.cbm vs. comp.sys.amstrad, or comp.lang.pascal vs. comp.lang.c? Ah, those were the days ...
 ;D

winni

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 10:29:35 am »
stackoverflow is kindergarden compared to some of the real wars on Usenet, both intra- and across boards. Anyone remembers comp.sys.sinclair vs. comp.sys.cbm vs. comp.sys.amstrad, or comp.lang.pascal vs. comp.lang.c? Ah, those were the days ...
 ;D

Not to forget the battles inside comp.os.cpm: Run CP/M on which hardware .....
And how to convert inbetween then around 200 (!!) different floppy disc formats.

Winni

El Salvador

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2021, 07:29:49 pm »
 ;D
Indeed. Newsgroups were brutal...
You needed more than thick skin -- armor was required.
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

FlierMate

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2021, 03:15:55 pm »
They are very nice. Add an screen shot in the repo and it will help some people.

I am actually glad that you like it. Thanks!

If you have lost confidence in the code, then why are you choosing to post it anywhere?

They are working code anyway, but the way the code were written is free-style, not adhering to any standards.
Sometimes I feel like wanted to share my happiness to people, that's why I posted them here and there. My code **contains** happiness, maybe not the code itself, but the fun brought by my (mostly command-line) programs.

;)

I wonder how can one develop any skill if one doesn't take it as a hobby (at least at the start) and make it for the love for it. :)

Think about it: you (as everyone) started from scratch and look what you've done; do you really think the process stops magically there? ;)

True. What you said are true, and I have never thought of the positive side by having coding as hobby (from the beginning).

When one cannot discuss technically and rationally, he or she would start behaving emotionally. I am not 100% and not even near 90% intellectual, so please understand I feel hurt at times.

That might very well be "requisite #1" to participate in any technical forum on the net.  "Postgrad" courses in that area readily available in stackoverflow.  :D

Aha, I do not like the concept of downvotes. If I ask stupid question on StackOverflow, the question will be closed in no time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018