Forum > Cocoa

Cocoa - content mirrored or upside down

(1/3) > >>

dbannon:
I have seen a few references to a problem like this but none so bad as mine (everyone thinks they are worse off ...)

Using FPC3.2.0, Lazarus Trunk (yesterdays and a month old one), Mac Sierra. 10.12

Yesterday, doing some normal pre-release testing of my app, this time on the Sierra box, one of my forms is partially mirrored, content that should be near the bottom, appears at the top. And flipped upside down and left to right. A real mess. Its like that in the designer and at run time, in design mode, I click down where I know a component should be to select it up where it is !  I see text displayed in the flipped components that belong in another component !

I had recently upgraded to FPC320 and suspected the Lazarus rebuild, but even going back to Laz 2.0.10 has a similar problem, but only at run time. I even went back to FPC304 but problem remained.

This form displays fine on  GTK2, Qt5, Windows and even Carbon but in Cocoa, its terrible.

I believe it may relate to having a couple of panels, one above the other, anchored together, so by setting height to '1', they appear to disappear.

I can duplicate the problem, or something close to it (??!) in a simple one form app but I need to drop a KMemo (from Kcontrols) on the form.  I have not posted that demo as few people will have KControls installed. Its an easy install from Online Package Manager (thank GetMem!) if anyone is interested.

I have seen a few other posts from people, all working with MacOS, with things being upside down, mirrored etc. Anyone have any ideas about this particular ugly problem ?

Davo

jwdietrich:
This reminds me of a very similar issue that Lazarus and some programs written with Lazarus have with Reactos.

trev:
Similar issue here: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,41623.0.html

I also encountered it in Lazarus 2.0.6 when using the lhelp recently  - the table of contents window had the entries at the bottom and they were upside down until clicked on, after which they went to the top and the right way up. Tested OK in 2.0.10 and trunk.

AL:
I had a similar issue.
I found that using a speedbutton on my form was causing that.  The flip (or fold) happened exactly where the speedbutton was placed.
I removed that speedbutton and the problem went away.

dbannon:
Yes, interesting.  I cannot replicate it with Speedbuttons, I think it involves the 'right' interaction, probably via anchors, between particular components.  It must be easier on average to avoid than to demonstrate but its obvious affecting a wide range of components.

Would there be any point in me putting together a minimalist project to demo it ?  If, as I suspect, it has to use KMemo ?

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version