Recent

Author Topic: open source big projects  (Read 1742 times)

alaa123456789

• Try your Best to learn & help others
    • youtube:
open source big projects
« on: January 26, 2021, 02:58:49 pm »
hi all ,
i have been for long time a member of this forum , but till today i have not seen any section for open source big projects , most what is on the forum is partial code as an answer for a question or  a request .
it will be nice and more beneficial for everyone to have this section in the forum.

please take my opinion in consideration

thanks to all

balazsszekely

Re: open source big projects
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 03:19:17 pm »
i have been for long time a member of this forum , but till today i have not seen any section for open source big projects , most what is on the forum is partial code as an answer for a question or  a request .
it will be nice and more beneficial for everyone to have this section in the forum.
https://wiki.freepascal.org/Projects_using_Free_Pascal#Projects_using_the_Lazarus_Component_Library_.28LCL.29

There are many more, just do a quick forum search. Perhaps the biggest one is the lazarus IDE itself, you can learn alot by studying it.

alaa123456789

• youtube:
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 03:41:14 pm »
this section , i know but the projects are not open source , we are talking about open source projects

thanks

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 03:44:52 pm »
Can you explain some more what you are hoping to see based on your request?
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

alaa123456789

• youtube:
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 04:00:21 pm »
not specific , anyone has open source project and like to share with others can share it

for example see other languages :
they name it "share my creation"

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-b4x-pleroma-open-source-client-for-mastodon-pleroma-social-networks.124214/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 04:08:50 pm by alaa123456789 »

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 04:23:42 pm »
That sounds not a bad idea. But we already have third party announcement sub forum, don't we? Maybe that can be split into commercial and open source.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 04:25:59 pm by Handoko »

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 04:34:59 pm »
That sounds not a bad idea. But we already have third party announcement sub forum, don't we? Maybe that can be split into commercial and open source.

I think better have a single one.

For the rest of projects there is Google as always.

Jurassic Pork

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 05:10:39 pm »
hello,
in a forum, it's not easy to manage version control of a project. Better solution is to use open source internet repository with version control, github for example.
Friendly, J.P
Jurassic computer : Sinclair ZX81 - Zilog Z80A à 3,25 MHz - RAM 1 Ko - ROM 8 Ko

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 05:45:14 pm »

I don't think splitting it will be helpful. All that really needs to happen is that people link their code, if desired, to a source repository and announce it in that sub forum.
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 11:53:57 pm »

The appropriate section for announcing any project and linking to its source repository is the existing Lazarus »  Forum »  Announcements » Third party subforum. We cannot host projects here due to space constraints for which some generous person is paying the bill.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 02:32:25 am »
not specific , anyone has open source project and like to share with others can share it

for example see other languages :
they name it "share my creation"

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-b4x-pleroma-open-source-client-for-mastodon-pleroma-social-networks.124214/

I looked at that board, "share my/your creations". It looks like a combination of
- 3rd party announcements
- "sales" board
- maybe more... I only read a few messages, and they all fit into those two.

-> I am not in favour of adding a sales board. That will (if nothing else) add a lot of headaches for the moderator team.
-> We do have an announcement board. And people can reply to announcements.

So I am not sure what else is needed. What should be on the new board?
Also do we already have posts from anyone that would fit into the new board? Or do we know someone has content they will put into the new board?

Or do you just want the announcement board split into sub-boards: open source / close source...?

Or do you want a board where users (instead of the project creator) can start a thread about some project (i.e. announcement like, but started by anyone)

We do have Miscellaneous>Other.
If we get a sufficient amount of posts (and interest in them) fitting whatever you have in mind, then maybe we can talk about a board.
Creating a board, without knowing if people will put content into it... not sure about it.

And just to mention: Yes, The announcement board is to announce/talk/discuss. It is not to host the project. We are not a source code hoster. People will have to put their sources onto one of the existing open source platforms. Then they can link to it.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 09:02:00 am »
this section , i know but the projects are not open source , we are talking about open source projects

One could extend the wiki with information about which projects are open source... O:-) (of course someone would need to do the initial work ;) )

alaa123456789

• youtube:
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 12:02:25 pm »
hi all,
for the space , it is not required that people upload their projects on this forum , but they can share a link with some explanation about the project , it is freedom for anyone to share his creation with others and would be a good database for new members who can benefit from it .

this is only suggestion, it is up to members who would like to share their source code of completed project .
thanks 

TinyPortal © 2005-2018