Forum > General

Runtime error 216 when lunching project1 on FreeBSD

<< < (2/2)

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: trev on January 24, 2021, 10:21:27 pm ---Which is it? It's hard to help when the details you provide conflict.

--- End quote ---

I tried to be a bit more delicate about that, after all it could be Eclipse or something.

OP says it's a lunchtime error :-)

MarkMLl

flax57:

--- Quote from: trev on January 24, 2021, 10:21:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: flax57 on January 24, 2021, 12:41:50 pm ---i can install just fpc compiler not to install lazarus ide, because x11 desktop not installed on this machine, and my app is a free pascal program or console utility not gtk.
--- End quote ---

Your first post says your program name is "project1" (a Lazarus default) and that you're using "fpc 3.0.4 - lazarus 2.0.6".

Now you say you're using FPC and not using Lazarus.

Which is it? It's hard to help when the details you provide conflict.

--- End quote ---

No, you didn't understand me

i have lazarus 2.0.6 + FPC 3.0.4 installed on Mint Linux NOT FREEBSD

on freebsd 64 bit (where i test my program hello world): lazarus and fpc not installed so i ask you if i can install just FPC without lazarus IDE and i recompile my program with command line : fpc -options project1

on freebsd 64 bit : X11 or desktop environnement (like gnome, kde) not installed yet, is server

:D

i have installed now lazarus 2.0.10 + FPC 3.3.1 + Cross compiler for FREEBSD x86_64  (on Mint Linux) and recompile again my program with this new environnement (fpc 3.3.1) and my program work fine on FREEBSD x86_64 machine.  :D
it was a bug on the cross compiler for freebsd for x86_64 cpu target

dbannon:

--- Quote from: flax57 on January 26, 2021, 03:47:49 am ---
on freebsd 64 bit (where i test my program hello world): lazarus and fpc not installed so i ask you if i can install just FPC without lazarus IDE and i recompile my program with command line : fpc -options project1

--- End quote ---

Flax, you may not need this anymore but worth pointing you to anyway, https://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_the_Free_Pascal_Compiler#FreeBSD

Davo

flax57:

--- Quote from: dbannon on January 26, 2021, 06:41:50 am ---
--- Quote from: flax57 on January 26, 2021, 03:47:49 am ---

--- End quote ---

Flax, you may not need this anymore but worth pointing you to anyway, https://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_the_Free_Pascal_Compiler#FreeBSD

Davo

--- End quote ---

thx for the link

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version