Recent

Author Topic: trying to make a Windows 64-bit application  (Read 648 times)

SA.Blackmon

• Just an old retired guy practicing what he enjoys.
trying to make a Windows 64-bit application
« on: January 23, 2021, 11:38:46 pm »
I've been banging around for a month or so trying to find a free database that works nicely with Lazarus. Gave up on MySql because of the connection to Oracle but never got it to work any how. (Never could get a libmysql.dll to play happily; guessing it is the same issue I found with PostgreSQl [see below].)

Same with MariaDb (libmysql.dll), which I would really like to have used because Oracle's MySql workbench plays well with my MariaDb database. Not a real fan of Interbase or Firebird even though I have 4 years of experience with them with Delphi 7.

Now, I'm banging against PostgreSQL 13. Figured out that the libpq.dll I had was 64 bit (from a very helpful forum post.) Would have gone with a 32-bit dll but PostgreSQL hasn't built one in a while.

So, now to my current issue. I'm trying to build a project as Windows 64-bit.

[Please refer to my system-ppu_not_found.jpg.]
Notice the first line says the RTL file system.ppu is not found. Ergo, I found it and put it in with the executable of my application.
Notice the last line says [the RTL system.ppu complete with it's fully qualified path] is listed twice along with the system.ppu I put in with my application executable.

Any help for a doddering old man would be appreciated.

Sherril
Thank you for your help,
Sherril

SA.Blackmon

• Just an old retired guy practicing what he enjoys.
Re: trying to make a Windows 64-bit application
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 10:22:09 pm »
Solved this. Found CFF Explorer and, using it, determined the dll's I was using were 32 bit. Got the 64 bit dll's and it was all joy.
Thank you for your help,
Sherril

TinyPortal © 2005-2018