Forum > Embedded - ARM

Raspberry Pi Pico and Freepascal

<< < (2/8) > >>

MiR:
My pico's arrived....

As weather is bad over the weekend I will play with them and will see that I create a pico related page on the Lazarus Wiki......

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: Germo on January 30, 2021, 11:49:12 am ---There is a bare metal version of FreePascal for the Raspi: Ultibo.

--- End quote ---

Are you saying that the FPC compiler will run hosted by Ultibo? Are you also saying that FPC already been ported to the Pico?

MarkMLl

MiR:
I guess there is a misunderstanding on Germo's side what the Raspberry Pi Pico is

it is a Cortex-M0 Dualcore and has nothing to do with the original Raspberry Pi, as far as I know Ultibo covers the native Programming on the Raspberry Pi (but honestly I did not check if they also work on a port to the Pico)

fpc will soon be ported to be able to support the raspberry pi pico, this is work in progress and cal be followed in my freepascal repo (which I will upgrade later today to cover the changes I did since I received the hardware)

https://github.com/michael-ring/freepascal

I have also already written some chapters on the Freepascal Wiki, you can already follow the first steps there but I will take the weekend to finish up the initial writeup, currently there are still some todo's in the documentation as I first do all on my Mac and then 'backport' the documentation bits to Windows.

Landing page on the Wiki is here:

https://wiki.freepascal.org/ARM_Embedded_Tutorial_-_FPC_and_the_Raspberry_Pi_Pico

Michael

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: Germo on January 30, 2021, 06:24:17 pm ---Perhaps these sources could help develop a Pi Pico version of FreePascal

--- End quote ---

As MiR said, the Raspberry Pi and the Raspberry Pi Pico are two entirely different things. The Pico is essentially a Microcontroller like an Arduino or ESP32 while the normal Pi is a hardware suitable for a normal OS (be it Linux, Windows or Ultibo).

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: Germo on January 30, 2021, 06:24:17 pm ---No. I tried to say that there is a version of FreePascal (Named Ultibo) that creates Bare Metal code for a Raspberry Pi.
Perhaps these sources could help develop a Pi Pico version of FreePascal

--- End quote ---

Ultibo is an operating system, not a compiler. Do you know the difference?

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version