Forum > Embedded - ARM

Resources for STM32

(1/2) > >>

petex:
hello,
I am looking into using FPC/Laz to cross compile for the STM32 card. The Arduino IDE provides a lot of in-built libraries and code examples but it is not Pascal. To me, the STM32 "blue pill" is really cheap and powerful and sits in a gap between the 8 bit PIC and the Pi.

The Ultibo project looks really good and a similar thing for Arduino cards would be nice. I have used Lazarus on the Raspberry PI and that works well. I have used Mickroelectonika Pascal on the PIC16F628 and that works really well.

One of the first things I would want to do in my experimentation is read/write to the usart. I guess a lot of this basic stuff has been done before. Are there any links to such libraries available ?
Looking through the other posts here it also seems that linking to C code can be problematic as well.

I have looked around for websites/blogs about using Lazarus with Arduinos and its quite sketchy. I haven't found much in the WIKI either.

I am also looking for examples on writing an interrupt handler in this environment.

I am guessing that there is no integrated debugger available.

MiR:
Re-check the forum posts, there is a list of Ressources for programming embedded targets and also threads about debugging from within the ide.
Linking to C-code also works pretty well, I know of people that actually link to the Arduino C-Libs for SAMD51 chips and I myself link to FreeRTOS and some debugging tools without issue.

MiR

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: petex on January 14, 2021, 09:51:27 am ---One of the first things I would want to do in my experimentation is read/write to the usart. I guess a lot of this basic stuff has been done before. Are there any links to such libraries available ?
--- End quote ---

You can take a look at the Microcontroller Board Framework. It seems to support STM32 in general, though I don't know whether it supports your specific board.

--- Quote from: petex on January 14, 2021, 09:51:27 am ---Looking through the other posts here it also seems that linking to C code can be problematic as well.
--- End quote ---

C code is usually not the problem. But Arduino is mostly (simple) C++ and that is problematic.

--- Quote from: petex on January 14, 2021, 09:51:27 am ---I have looked around for websites/blogs about using Lazarus with Arduinos and its quite sketchy. I haven't found much in the WIKI either.

--- End quote ---

So you didn't find this or more in general this?

petex:

--- Quote ---So you didn't find this or more in general this?
--- End quote ---

Yes I did. I followed the instructions but had the problems on my previous post.

dseligo:
You have wrong link here, I fixed it:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on January 14, 2021, 10:01:46 am ---So you didn't find this or more in general this?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version