Recent

Author Topic: About class tree in documentation  (Read 4262 times)

Andrey Sobol

About class tree in documentation
« on: January 10, 2021, 05:32:23 pm »
Hello,
I apologize for my English, but I am learning it :)

This subject more has a relation to the lcl and lazutils docs but the fpc documentation has same problems. A have spend more times for improving a documentation but exists the one problem. Currently, we have a rule - if there is no description xml file, the unit is not included to the documentation (that rule has been coded into a build_lcl_docs). As result the FPDoc has no input information to build a tree of classes. And class information pages have the skips in the tree of classes.

For example as here.
https://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.io/docs/lcl/intfgraphics/tlazreaderbmp.html

I see two solutions of that:
1. Allow directory processing with files and include all modules from specific directories for the processing by fpdoc (This information are prepared by build_lcl_docs ).
2. Explicitly and at ones to create empty blank templates of the xml description files. The LazUtils has 14 unprocessed files. lcl has about 350 files but 95% from these are interface classes and don`t require to be included into documentation.

I think that the second solution is better, because this solves two tasks. We get the right information about inheritance and create blank templates for contributors that facilitate the creation of documentation.

And if someone fill out at least a description or a short description of the module, that will be super. Unfortunately, I can not do it, my English is very bad.

What is your opinion about this and can someone create templates with a brief description?

Log file of build_lcl_docs attached.

Andrey Sobol.

Andrey Sobol

Re: About class tree in documentation
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 10:25:07 pm »
Such silence, as if this is not interesting to anyone. I will self to create minimal templates.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:15:07 am »
Sorry, but I won't able to do much of anything till thursday, and bigger things not till the weekend.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 01:43:37 pm »
And if someone fill out at least a description or a short description of the module, that will be super. Unfortunately, I can not do it, my English is very bad.

Maybe, if you ask around, someone with sufficient English skills volunteers to help and improve any contributions you would make.
Then you could write the description, and the English speaker could take that and rewrite it in proper English.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 11:32:37 pm »
Maybe, if you ask around, someone with sufficient English skills volunteers to help and improve any contributions you would make.
Then you could write the description, and the English speaker could take that and rewrite it in proper English.

@Andrey: I'll volunteer. PM me what needs making (more) grammatical/syntactically correct.

Andrey Sobol

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 07:05:09 pm »
@Andrey: I'll volunteer. PM me what needs making (more) grammatical/syntactically correct.
Well...
When I will finish a fpdoc changes then I start to create the templates and be to contact with you.
Andrey.

Andrey Sobol

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 07:11:18 pm »
Sorry, but I won't able to do much of anything till thursday, and bigger things not till the weekend.
I have sent to you couple patches but now I think to discuss it with Michael first. I`ll wait for him.
He is also busy  now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018