Forum > Windows

Windows API test programs / Examples

<< < (3/12) > >>

FlierMate:
This will be a great resources, 440bx!

I need to refer to it for my "basic compiler". I have come up with ReadConsole and WriteConsole (both prefixed with GetStdHandle) but I need more, such as MsgBox and wsprintf??

Will your example include which library(kernel32.dll, user32.dll) in use?

FlierMate:

--- Quote from: 440bx on January 09, 2021, 08:39:29 am ---Adding one (1) to the "interested count". :)

--- End quote ---

Count me in.

--- Quote from: 440bx on January 09, 2021, 08:39:29 am ---I just don't have the talent nor ability to format a bunch of text.  My artistic abilities are at the low end of the Kelvin scale.

--- End quote ---

I will try and see if I can help..... With some basic HTML5 +CSS3 skill. Hopefully most part of the text formatting can be automated using Pascal program itself?  8-)

marcov:
As maintainer of the windows api headers, count me in too.

Seenkao:
Добрый вечер!
То, чем вы хотите поделиться, я думаю, будет полезно многим. Но на форуме, если данная тема/ветка потеряются. А это будет не очень хорошо...
Так же будет и везде: Git, SourceForge и др...

Тему надо периодически обновлять, чтобы она не забывалась людьми. Потому что полезно это может быть и через несколько десятков лет будет.

Eng:
Good evening!
What you want to share, I think, will be useful to many. But on the forum, if this topic / thread is lost. And it won't be very good ...
It will be the same everywhere: Git, SourceForge, etc.

The topic should be periodically updated so that it is not forgotten by people. Because it can be useful and it will be in a few decades.  :)

440bx:
Honestly, since the level of interest seemed to be modest at best so far, I thought about letting this offer "die" silently.  Given that today an additional number of forum members have expressed interest, I've decided to go ahead and post the examples.

Sometime between today and tomorrow, I'll post a few "teaser" examples. "teaser" because, I'll include the source code only for _one_ of the examples and the remaining examples will hopefully wet the appetite of additional forum members.

--- Quote from: FlierMate on January 13, 2021, 05:37:43 pm ---Will your example include which library(kernel32.dll, user32.dll) in use?

--- End quote ---
Examples include mostly, ntdll.dll, kernel32.dll, user32.dll and gdi.dll.  There are examples for other dlls but those mentioned make up the great majority of them.

--- Quote from: marcov on January 13, 2021, 05:49:41 pm ---As maintainer of the windows api headers, count me in too.

--- End quote ---
good :)

About API headers, I have several hundred definitions of APIs and constants but, they are currently scattered in multiple files (used by examples and programs), I will try to consolidate them to make them useful to you.  However, there is a caveat, I organize all definitions by the dll that depends on it.  For instance, the Windows message definitions are in user32.dll instead of in a "messages" unit.  IOW, for them to be useful to you, you'll have to reorganize them as required by FPC.

--- Quote from: Seenkao on January 13, 2021, 08:07:58 pm ---What you want to share, I think, will be useful to many. But on the forum, if this topic / thread is lost. And it won't be very good ...

The topic should be periodically updated so that it is not forgotten by people. Because it can be useful and it will be in a few decades.  :)

--- End quote ---
My "plan" is to name each post "Win API - api name", this way if someone uses the forum search engine, they will always be able to find it even if no one has updated it in a long time (there is only so much that can be said about any one API function.)

Time for me to prepare those "teaser" examples. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version