Recent

Author Topic: Sysutils Not accessable  (Read 1396 times)

PascalRocks

Sysutils Not accessable
« on: December 24, 2020, 01:04:52 am »
All,
I have a problem that I know is some stupid setting, but for the life of me I can't solve it.

I have set up Freepascal/Lazarus to use cross compiling from an Linux-x86-64 to an Arm computer (rasberrypi zero to be exact).

Everything seems to work. I can write any code I want (mathematical calculations, accessing the GPIO, output using strutils/Writeln). All is well.

EXCEPT if I try to use anything in SysUtils. The code will compile and run, but when it gets to any statement like IntToStr it will get an. . .

An unhandled exception occurred at $00011414:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
  $00011414

error.

I'm pretty sure this is some setting I've missed a setting somewhere, but I can't figure out what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Sysutils Not accessable
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 04:07:46 pm »
Without any code, nothing can be concluded. Try using -gl and get a better stacktrace. Recompile the RTL with debug info enabled if that gives the same stacktrace.

PascalRocks

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 09:06:57 pm »
Leledumbo,
 Thanks for getting back to me!

I'll try the -gl option tonight, or tomorrow. I've been pretty swamped since Christmas with family activities. And, in fact, these activities seems to be still going.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to this thread.

Thanks,
Bob

lucamar

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 12:56:21 am »
I've been pretty swamped since Christmas with family activities. And, in fact, these activities seems to be still going.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to this thread.

Dont worry: I think I can say that all (or most) of us understand that family comes first. Merry Xmas! O:-)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018