Recent

Author Topic: Installing on older MAC laptop  (Read 5391 times)

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: Installing on older MAC laptop
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2020, 07:08:44 am »
As you didn't answer my earlier question "Did you setup the debugger as per the instructions in Step 5?" I assumed you'd sorted it. So, did you?

jcdammeyer

• Embedded System Developer
    • Automation Artisans Inc.
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2020, 07:21:51 am »
Hi Trev,
I believe I did although I didn't see a step 5 in the rtf.

The XCode launched an application to install it.  No folder with an RTF.  The FPC did create a folder with an RTF read me file and that  document didn't have steps.  But did tell me to do the command line install.  The FPCSRC and Lazarus pkg folders both do not have Read Me files.
Just  as sec.  Let me open up the MacBook.

Hmmm.  I've lost any RTF's that have a step list which includes the one telling me to run the license op.

Ah, Going back through the postings I found the wiki.freepascal.org.  There is a step 5. 
Might I suggest that the "Getting Started.rtf" file have a link to that wiki too?  Once I misplaced the link I didn't go back to it.  I'll try the step 5.
Thanks
John

jcdammeyer

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2020, 07:34:49 am »
OK.  Following those instructions it runs with the debugger.  Doesn't debug worth a darn but I can try some of the other suggestions in the wiki.
BTW.  It was because the wiki wouldn't load with Firefox and instead I had to use Safari that I had forgotten about the wiki.
Now probably beset to move this thread since the installation is complete.   Doesn't work well but it appears that's a different set of issues.

Thanks again
John

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2020, 08:25:28 am »
I don't have any control over the installation RTFs as I'm not a member of the Lazarus or FPC developer teams. Perhaps you could log an issue in the BugTracker for the installation.

I do have control over the Wiki article to which I referred you which has detailed steps that I know work because I have used them and documented them having done the installation of multiple release versions of Lazarus + FPC on macOS from version 10.8 through 11.0.1.

jcdammeyer

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2020, 08:33:15 am »
You have done an awesome job!
Thanks for your support.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018