Forum > Windows (32/64)

Cross-compiling for AVR (90S8515 or Mega8515)

(1/2) > >>

alberich:
Hello everybody ... I am new on this forum and used Lazarus in the past as a RAD alternative to Delphi. Now I installed the last version available on SourceForge (for Win7 x64) and, in "Project > Options > Target" (translated from French), I selected "avr" and de-selected "Graphic application" (look at attachments, Screen copy 1). But with "OK" I got ... Screen copy 2 ! Choosing "embedded" for the target OS and "avr2" in third selector showed the same type of message. Are there some more configurations to be done, or some files to be added (and where should I copy them ? ). Thanks for any answer ...

nouzi:
see this page
https://wiki.freepascal.org/Category:AVR

alberich:
I jumped (or surfed) form one page to the next and finally came, three steps later, again to GCC (or gcc), which in my eyes, sorry to say it, is a "gaseous plant". For comparison, GCBasic needs 157Mo, and it has most features common with Pascal (and supports both AVR's and PIC's) . Why does nobody develop such a compiler, but with the Pascal syntax and dedicated to a family of processors ? BTW I will never develop for Linux or BSD, so why should I use a compiler with these features, but without those that I really need ?

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: alberich on December 15, 2020, 08:23:52 pm ---I jumped (or surfed) form one page to the next and finally came, three steps later, again to GCC (or gcc), which in my eyes, sorry to say it, is a "gaseous plant". For comparison, GCBasic needs 157Mo, and it has most features common with Pascal (and supports both AVR's and PIC's) . Why does nobody develop such a compiler, but with the Pascal syntax and dedicated to a family of processors ? BTW I will never develop for Linux or BSD, so why should I use a compiler with these features, but without those that I really need ?

--- End quote ---

It's unclear from your posting what point you're trying to make. Have you installed the appropriate cross compiler?

MarkMLl

alberich:
Thanks for Your answer, that was exactly my question : what must I add to the "base" Lazarus to compile for AVR (and "native" Lazarus could replace Delphi, too, when I need a Windows executable) ? And HOW must I install it ? Is it simply a kind of "setup.exe" ? Meanwhile I installed both WinAVR and FPC for AVR, but Lazarus still does not work ; I am near of starting a "reimaging" of my system partition in a previous version  !

>:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version