Forum > FV/Textmode IDE

Dialog(ue) editor

(1/2) > >>

MarkMLl:
With reference to the extended discussion at https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,18998.0.html I've just uploaded the final version of Jim Clark's dialogue editor to GitHub since I suspected that I had the last extant copy of dialedit3b.zip

https://github.com/MarkMLl/Dialedit3b

I am not undertaking to maintain this, but would note that with minor changes it's usable with FPC.

MarkMLl

FlierMate:
This is an interesting project.

I can run its DialEdit.exe, but cannot build the project....especially this part:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---{ The methodology here is not supported by Virtual Pascal. }procedure TTrialDialog.SnapPicture(AShow, APattern: word);type    TScreen = array [0..49, 0..79, 0..1] of char;var{$IFNDEF VPASCAL}    Screen: TScreen absolute $B800:0;{$ENDIF} 
As I remember FPC does not allow absolute memory address (0xB800:0 for screen buffer direct access), as it complains "Syntax error: ";" expected but ":" found....

I have many old TP sources use the same direct video memory access but all could not be compiled by FPC. I'd be glad if this can be solved.

MarkMLl:
The stuff I put on Github was very much "as received" since I think I might have the last surviving copy, I'd rather not mnagle it in situ for precisely that reason.

I have successfully used it on Linux in the past and found that only a handful of changes were needed. I'll take a look and post more in the morning.

I've long felt that something that both Linux and FPC lacked was the sort of dialogue/form editor that Visual Basic for DOS had in the early 1990s.

MarkMLl

marcov:

--- Quote from: FlierMate on January 23, 2021, 09:26:46 pm ---As I remember FPC does not allow absolute memory address (0xB800:0 for screen buffer direct access), as it complains "Syntax error: ";" expected but ":" found....

--- End quote ---

Afaik it does work fine on targets that are dos in strict TP mode (-Mtp)

MarkMLl:
You guys really are slave drivers :-)

I'm seeing what I can turn up, but my notes indicate that I ran the editor on Windows (even though the generated file was used on Linux) and for the moment I can't say what compiler I used... judging by the dates I think I simply ran the .exe that came with it on a sacrificial system without trying to recompile it.

Slightly later: the .exe file embeds "Virtual Pascal - Copyright (C) 1996-2000 vpascal.com".

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version