Forum > FV/Textmode IDE

Is there any simple ENGLISH examples for Free Vision???

<< < (2/3) > >>

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: oliverhbailey on December 07, 2020, 08:34:35 pm ---Is Free Vision even supported within the Free Pacal world or is it the pet project of the German who hosts the github site?
--- End quote ---

Free Vision is part of Free Pascal, however with the advent of tools like Lazarus and it's LCL the main effort is spent their. The only real user of Free Vision is FPC's textmode IDE and is probably the best example of using Free Vision.

--- Quote from: oliverhbailey on December 07, 2020, 08:34:35 pm ---What would be wrong with having all examples in English or removing non-english tools out of the main wiki.

--- End quote ---

Feel free to translate the examples. This is an open source project after all.

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on December 08, 2020, 09:49:38 am ---Free Vision is part of Free Pascal, however with the advent of tools like Lazarus and it's LCL the main effort is spent their. The only real user of Free Vision is FPC's textmode IDE and is probably the best example of using Free Vision.

--- End quote ---

I've used it a little bit without substantial problems. After all, it's written in Pascal, not English.

MarkMLl

Thaddy:
The testapp.pas in the fpc examples directory is in english. You may have to download that if you checked out and built from source. In the distribution the examples should be installed. And yes, FPC is not officially on github, as Marco wrote.

Testapp covers all the basics. And as already stated, you can use most Turbo Vision examples that do not use assembler.

oliverhbailey:
Very interesting replies..

First, the excuse "it's an open source project" seems a little lame. Most open source projects lack good documentation because developer's either can't, or don't like to write. This tool is an excellent compiler and cross-development tool, but there is a lot of old information that needs to be removed and is no longer applicable to current or recent, prior versions.

Successful open source projects have well written documentation, and keep it updated. Some users are interested in using the tool, not writing it. Try buying a Jeep kit, yes an unassembled Jeep. They were crated and sold until the 1970's when they were all sold out. Would you rather drive or build your car.

I'm not into listening to you BS, an American English acronym, after 45 years of development so you're barking up the wrong tree boys.

I did download the TV manual. The current example crashes compiled with FPC 3.2.0 and Lazarus 2.10 due to a memory management problem. No, I'm not fixing it!!

And thank you for your responses, it gives great insight into why a lot of old, out of date information is posted. You're too busy defending yourselves. If you can't be helpful, STFU. You can look that one up on your own, it is well documented.

Cheers!

mercurhyo:

--- Quote from: oliverhbailey on December 08, 2020, 11:28:23 pm ---Very interesting replies..

And thank you for your responses, it gives great insight into why a lot of old, out of date information is posted. You're too busy defending yourselves. If you can't be helpful, STFU. You can look that one up on your own, it is well documented.

Cheers!

--- End quote ---

hmm just bougthened (LOL) sum popcorn... i'm gona watch the rednack storm growing  :D

buy (LOLagayan) tha way, F V is a translation from T V 2.0 from borland C++ to Pascal, I readead sumwhere borland released their sources few years ago and then changed their maind :D SO , at this time, someone lucky catchated the sources and transposed them to FPK, that is why behavyour is close  :P

about memories issueations ... Compile in {$mode TP} should tripass ze praublemation off poointerz

https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/user/userse33.html

cheaarrrrssss boobydooowyyyy

Et autrement, je ne mange pas tous les fromages ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version