Recent

Author Topic: virtualdbgrid probable bug.  (Read 949 times)

BSaidus

• lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
virtualdbgrid probable bug.
« on: December 04, 2020, 11:23:38 pm »
Hello,
I have installed the "virtualdbgrid_package.lpk" and it works fine, but I suspect one problem that consists in the fact that in designtime, When I close ( Active=false) my Query, the columns in the Grid desapears and all my work on columns ( Caption texts ans size of column ) lost. this is not the default comportement I think.
With lazarus DBGrid works fine.
In the LFM file it does not save the configuration of columns.
lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
dhukmucmur vernadh!

wp

Re: virtualdbgrid probable bug.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 01:15:47 am »
Yes, this looks very inconvenient... But the problem is that - I may be wrong - virtualdbgrid is not a package maintained by any of the forum users or Lazarus developers, and thus nobody will be able to fix this issue here. You should try to find out the author and contact him.

BSaidus

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 09:43:14 am »
Yes, this looks very inconvenient... But the problem is that - I may be wrong - virtualdbgrid is not a package maintained by any of the forum users or Lazarus developers, and thus nobody will be able to fix this issue here. You should try to find out the author and contact him.

Thank you, I'll try to do something, if success I'll give a feedback.
dhukmucmur vernadh!

wp

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 01:06:39 pm »
But the problem is that - I may be wrong - virtualdbgrid is not a package maintained by any of the forum users or Lazarus developers,
I WAS wrong. The maintainer of the Lazarus port is Luiz Americo (blikblum) who is a member of the Laz dev team. You certainly can contact him on his github site (https://github.com/blikblum/luipack/tree/master/vtvextras/virtualdbgrid).

korba812

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 01:43:31 pm »
If query fields are available at design time then you can set TField.DisplayLabel property with your own column title.

BSaidus

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 07:00:51 pm »
If query fields are available at design time then you can set TField.DisplayLabel property with your own column title.
No Query fields but columns at designtime, and I have already changed properties of columns ( text and width) but it take not after closing and reopening a dataset.
dhukmucmur vernadh!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018