Recent

Author Topic: Catalina to Big Sur?  (Read 3514 times)

RonNash

Catalina to Big Sur?
« on: December 02, 2020, 09:09:49 am »
I have a 16” MBP that I purchased earlier this year and it is currently running the latest version. What are your thoughts or experiences on installing the new Big Sur OS?

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: Catalina to Big Sur?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 10:29:38 am »
Big Sur has some reported issues (eg monitor connections, bluetooth, wifi) on the new M1 systems though not on my M1 Mac mini base model. I'm not using bluetooth keyboards/trackpads or wifi and my oldish monitor is connected via USB-C to VGA and has no issues.

Backup before upgrading and you can then always restore if you need to do so :)

Gizmo

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 04:18:19 pm »
Folks

I was using Mojave and Lazarus 2.0.10 fine. Upgraded OSX to Big Sur yesterday and attempted to install v2.0.12. Installation went OK but whenever I try to install a package and rebuild IDE I get errors re the Cocoa widgets.

cocoagdiobjects.pas(12,3) Fatal: Cannot find LCLtype used by CocoaGDIObjects, incompatible ppu=/Applications/Lazarus/lcl/units/x86_64-darwin/lcltype.ppu, package LCLBase

Any ideas here?

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 06:12:51 pm »
I was using Mojave and Lazarus 2.0.10 fine. Upgraded OSX to Big Sur yesterday and attempted to install v2.0.12. Installation went OK but whenever I try to install a package and rebuild IDE I get errors re the Cocoa widgets.

cocoagdiobjects.pas(12,3) Fatal: Cannot find LCLtype used by CocoaGDIObjects, incompatible ppu=/Applications/Lazarus/lcl/units/x86_64-darwin/lcltype.ppu, package LCLBase

Any ideas here?

Menu: Tools > Configure Build Lazarus
Find and check "Clean all"
"Build"

Should only be needed once.

Gizmo

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 08:23:21 pm »
Thanks man...I had already tried that without success. But, having tried to do it again, and having Googled it some more, I realised I needed to update XCode, and re-install the XCode command line tools via the terminal (as instructed in the "Before you begin" part of fpc-3.2.0.intel-macosx.dmg) which makes sense as I had jumped up two versions of OSX. Then when I did the Clean All and Build in Lazarus, the Linkin error no longer occurred. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2018