Forum > Options

Component palette multilned as "Old Delphi"

(1/4) > >>

rnervi:
I've missed this feature. Didnt' found an option in the ide cfg to check.
So I've made these small edit to have it "multiline":

open this file  lazarus\ide\mainbar.pas

find these lines

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---// Component paletteComponentPageControl := TPageControl.Create(TheOwner);ComponentPageControl.Name := 'ComponentPageControl';ComponentPageControl.Align := alClient;ComponentPageControl.Visible := EnvironmentOptions.Desktop.ComponentPaletteOptions.Visible;ComponentPageControl.Parent := Self;
Add this:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---ComponentPageControl.Multiline := True;  // edited by rnervi
Rebuild ide environment.

(hope in next versions a structural implement of this)(

winni:
Hi!

The other way is NOT to use the component palette but
MainMenu --> View --> Components
Alt+Strg+P    by default

There you can also search if you are on the hunt for an "exotic" component

Winni

lucamar:

--- Quote from: rnervi on November 29, 2020, 02:21:43 pm ---I've missed this feature. Didnt' found an option in the ide cfg to check.
--- End quote ---

It's there, though not where you'd expect. Select Tools->Options" and, in the dialog, under "Environment", "Window". The option is called "Show complete component palette", and it's rather badly placed off to the right.

It can also be accessed by right-clicking the palette and selecting "Options"; that opens the same dialog but with only the "Environment" branch showing.

HTH

wp:

--- Quote from: rnervi on November 29, 2020, 02:21:43 pm ---Add this [...]

--- End quote ---
If it's really that easy you should write a bug report (see the bugtracker link in the left forum sidebar) and propose this idea to the devs as a feature request. Probably it will work only on Windows because multiline tabs are not supported by many other widgetsets, but multiline tabs have been implemented for the editor as well.

lucamar:
Let me repeat: It's already there. Only not where you'd expect it :(

A possible feature request might be to add it as an item in the main window popup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version