Forum > FV/Textmode IDE

Debugger broken in FPC3.2.0 textmode IDE ?

(1/1)

Nitorami:
Is anyone still using the textmode IDE under windows 10 and has issues with the integrated debugger ? The disassembler only produces ridiculous snippets, see this here for a complete matrix solver...

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Dump of assembler code for function SOLVE:334     end;$004146A7:      pop    %ebx$004146A8:      mov    %ebp,%esp$004146AA:      pop    %ebp$004146AB:      ret$004146AC:      add    %al,(%eax)$004146AE:      add    %al,(%eax) End of assembler dump. 
I thought disabling optimisations might help, and recompiled using the most conservative and debugger friendly settings, and the output is :-

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Dump of assembler code for function SOLVE:End of assembler dump. 
Tataa !  :D

The same code debugs perfectly with FPC3.0.4.

marcov:
Looks like a perfectly fine function epilogue followed by two alignment instructions that align the next label on a 16-byte border.

But afaik the debugger is now external, and no longer integrated with 3.2 ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version