Recent

Author Topic: TPopupMenu bug (well, one more)  (Read 184 times)

linuxfan

TPopupMenu bug (well, one more)
« on: November 21, 2020, 06:16:10 pm »
Hi all. I notice a strange defect in my popup menus on linux (both 64 and 32 bits): when a popup menu is closed, either by selecting an item or clicking outside, the next mouse event (normally a click) gets missed - ie, the application is not notified of a click. But a right button click calls correctly a popup menu, if configured. After the first missed click, all turns normal again.

The strange is that, this not happens in lazarus itself (which I normally rebuild - I assume lazarus uses the same units as my programs?).

Now I'm using Lazarus 2.0.10 and LCL 2.0.10.

I just noticed that in the Lazarus menu there is an item to send a bug, and I will do it, but in the meanwhile I would like to correct the problem.

Thanks.

-- UPDATE --

Forgot to mention that the widgetset is GTK2.

Today I noticed another problem. I have a listbox created dynamically. I used a popup menu to change the order ("Move up (an item)"). I found NO WAY to select again the same item once it has moved. It seems that the popup menu, when closed, insists to reselect the item index that was selected before, but of course the item that was there, now sits elsewhere (moved up). If the same method is called from the Main menu (not a popup) it works fine. I had to use timer to do the work, and then deleted it because it is crazy, and I don't want to mess up my code.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:43:24 pm by linuxfan »

jamie

Re: TPopupMenu bug
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 01:14:13 am »
I don't think you'll get much in response for the correction..

you can try to post to the bug site but I don't know where that will go...

It looks to be a widget issue
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018